Thank you for your interest in our residency programs.
The application deadline is December 31.
We accept applications through ERAS for the Internal Medicine (both Categorical and Preliminary) and Transitional Year programs. Interviews begin in November and end in late January. Applications are reviewed upon receipt thru ERAS and interview invitations are sent on a rolling basis.
We require the following:
- Completed ERAS Application, which should include:
- Personal statement
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (Dean's letter)
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE or COMLEX test score transcripts
- 3 letters of recommendation. Categorical applicants should include a Department of Medicine summary letter for one of their 3 letters. Preliminary and Transitional Year applicants should include one Department of Medicine summary letter or an attending in the Department of Medicine.
- ECFMG certificate (if applicable) with 3 months of supervised U.S. clinical experience preferred.
- Applicants should have graduated from medical school within the last 3 years.
Our NRMP Listings
- Categorical Internal Medicine Residency Program NRMP code 1160140C2
- Preliminary Medicine Residency Program NRMP code 1160140P2
- Preliminary (Neurology) Medicine Residency Program NRMP code 1160140P3
- Transitional Year Residency Program NRMP code 1160999P0
Application Contact Information
NorthShore University HealthSystem
Department of Medicine
2650 Ridge Ave.
Evanston, IL 60201