If you are interested in pursuing our PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program, the following steps must be completed prior to January 5, 2018. All materials must be sent through the online PhORCAS system. Thank you for your interest in our program!
Step 1 - Submit To PhORCAS
We strongly encourage you to apply to all 4 individual sites (even if you are not planning to rank all four sites). While each site has its own unique National Matching Service (NMS) code, all the sites are part of one residency (only one ASHP Residency number), the applicant will only have to pay for one residency application fee (the applicant can apply to all the sites associated with that program for one application fee). The applicant ultimately has the power to rank all, some, or none of our hospital sites.
A personal statement/letter outlining why you are specifically interested in the residency at NorthShore University HealthSystem, how you intend to use your residency training in the future, and what personal qualities you possess that make you a good candidate for a residency program.
- Three letters of recommendation (form is available on PhORCAS website). Ideally, at least one is from a clinical preceptor, and one from an employer, preferably a pharmacist.
- Please ask your recommender to read the ASHP blog by Michael Fotis before writing your letters of recommendation.
- If it is problematic to have the reference letter writers submit to all four hospital sites, it is acceptable to have them submit the letters of recommendation to the Evanston Hospital site only.
- Current curriculum vitae or resume.
- Professional school academic transcripts.
Step 2 - Sign-up for the ASHP Match
- You must register for the The ASHP Residency Matching Program. Information about the National Matching Service and registration form is available through the ASHP web site: www.ashp.org. Our program codes are:
136913 - Evanston Hospital (4 positions)
136922 - Glenbrook Hospital (3 positions)
136923 - Highland Park Hospital (2 positions)
136921 - Skokie Hospital (3 positions)
- For the ASHP Residency Matching Program to function successfully, all participants must adhere to the Schedule of Dates found on their website.
Step 3 - Schedule an Interview
If you have any questions, please contact Hina Patel, PharmD, BCPS at email@example.com