If you are interested in pursuing our PGY1 Pharmacy Residency program, the following steps must be completed prior to January 10, 2020. All materials must be sent through the online PhORCAS system by the deadline date/time indicated in PhORCAS prior to the automatically closure of the portal. Thank you for your interest in our program!
Step 1 - Submit Application in PhORCAS
Apply to all 4 individual sites (Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park, and Skokie Hospitals) (even if you are not planning to rank all four sites). While each site has its own unique National Matching Service (NMS) code, all the sites are part of one residency (only one ASHP Residency number). The applicant will only have to pay for one residency application fee (the applicant can apply to all the sites associated with that program for one application fee). The applicant ultimately has the power to rank all, some, or none of our hospital sites.
A personal statement/letter outlining why you are specifically interested in the residency at NorthShore University HealthSystem, how you intend to use your residency training in the future, and what personal qualities you possess that make you a good candidate for a residency program. The same personal statement may be submitted for all four sites.
- Three letters of recommendation (submitted electronically via PhORCAS website). Ideally, at least one is from a clinical preceptor, and one from an employer, preferably a pharmacist. Review the form with your recommender to highlight your strengths and areas of improvement before they agree to writing on your behalf (sample PhORCAS recommendation form). The same recommendation form may be submitted for all four sites.
- Current curriculum vitae - include all IPPE and APPE experiences with specific details related to the rotation name, site, and preceptor (including ones scheduled for the future)
- Professional school academic transcripts including the current term with APPE grades. Ask your school for transcript submission to PhORCAS early enough to meet deadlines.
- Only application materials submitted through PhORCAS will be reviewed.
Step 2 - Sign-up for the ASHP Match
You must register for the ASHP Residency Matching Program. Information about the National Matching Service is available through the NMS website (https://natmatch.com/ashprmp/ ). Our program codes are:
136913 - Evanston Hospital (4 positions)
136922 - Glenbrook Hospital (4 positions)
136923 - Highland Park Hospital (2 positions)
136921 - Skokie Hospital (2 positions)
- For the ASHP Residency Matching Program to function successfully, all participants must adhere to the found on the National Match Service website.
- This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept, or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.
Step 3 - Await Interview Request
If you have any questions, please contact Hina Patel, PharmD, BCPS at firstname.lastname@example.org