NorthShore University HealthSystem's Department of Pathology & Laboratory Medicine seeks applications from individuals whose life experiences indicate a high degree of personal and professional promise. To this end, admission is selective. Letters of recommendation will attest to the applicant’s character and dedication while the interview process will allow for a suitability evaluation. Combining these 2 with the educational requirements will paint a complete picture of the applicant and allow for appropriate selection.
A completed application must be received 3 weeks prior to the start of class and consists of:
- Completed application form with a $15.00 non-refundable application fee (make checks out to NorthShore University HealthSystem Laboratory Education)
- Copy of high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Two reference letters, typed on institutional or professional letterheads; these letters can be from supervisors, managers at places of employment or teachers
- Signed Essential Functions Agreement statement - Please review carefully BEFORE signing
- Completed criminal background check
A personal interview is required. An interview will be scheduled when all data listed above have been received.
Individuals who possess a high school equivalency diploma (GED) and who wish to apply must satisfy the following criteria.
- Acceptable visa status or employment authorization document (EAD)
- Completed Test of the English and Foreign Language (TOEFL)
Upon acceptance into the program, the following is required by the student:
- $1,200 tuition fee (includes program fee, textbooks and other supplemental materials)
- Proof of immunity by blood test for: Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Varicella titers
- Two step TB test documentation
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of professional liability insurance from the HPSO. Additional cost of $38 for 1 year of coverage. Must be purchased by student
To apply now, download our application form.