What is happening at NorthShore Skokie Hospital?
NorthShore is in the midst of a multi-year, $300 million project at Skokie Hospital to expand clinical services, enhance and improve patient care and upgrade technology. The project is expected to be completed in 2017 and includes:
- Our new Ambulatory Care Center (ACC), which opened in January 2013, expands access to clinical services and increases the complement of physicians on campus
- The relocation of several outpatient services to the new ACC for ease of access for our patients
- The conversion to all private patient rooms
- A reconfiguration of departments on the first floor to improve patient flow
- Enhancements to the state-of-the-art surgical pavilion
- The nation’s most advanced electronic medical records system
Will the campus stay open during construction?
Yes, we are committed to continuing to provide excellent medical care to you and your family. All services and programs will remain available during construction.
Will the construction make moving around the campus difficult or confusing?
Our staff and volunteers stand ready to make visiting our hospital easy. They are standing by to guide you to your appointment or to visit your loved ones in our Hospital should you need assistance.
How long will the construction take to be complete?
The ACC was completed in January 2013. Additional improvements will continue beyond that and we will continue to keep you updated on further changes as construction progresses. Please call 847.933.6004 if you have any questions or concerns. Thank you for your patience during construction.