- Masks are required for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the hospital or care site.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
- Intensive Care Unit/IMCU: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time.
- Medical Surgical Units: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Two visitors for semi-private room, four visitors for private room.
- Mother/Baby Units: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. One person allowed to stay overnight. No children under the age of 18 are allowed to stay overnight during post-partum period.
Galter Medical Pavilion:
- Labor and Delivery: 24-hour visitation. Two people only, plus certified Doula if applicable.
- Medical Surgical Units: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily
- Acute Rehab: 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily
- Inpatient Psychiatry: 6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays
Patient Room Details
Upon admission to the hospital, patients will receive a copy of our Patient Handbook, which contains information about your stay.
Swedish Hospital is dedicated to providing a safe and secure environment for all who enter our facility. All Swedish Hospital employees wear picture identification badges while on duty. The hospital has a closed-circuit monitoring system that records activities in key areas of the hospital and parking facility.
Services for Those With Disabilities
To ensure that patients with impaired sensory, mobility or speaking skills have an equal opportunity to benefit from hospital services, a variety of resources and services are available. For more information, call 773.878.8200, ext. 1700.
Galter LifeCenter is Chicago's only certified medical fitness center, located on our hospital's campus. For more information, call 773.878.9936.