- Masks are required for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the hospital or care site.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Intensive Care Unit
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time. Visitors must be at least 18 years old. Visitors will follow established ICU safety guidelines. Exceptions to these hours will be made based on the patients' condition.
Medical Surgical Unit
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time.
Lounges and Waiting Rooms
The Surgical Family Lounge is located on the second floor. The lounge is staffed with a receptionist and offers a patient-tracking board to follow a loved one's progress from pre-operative to post-operative care. Please sign-in with our receptionists upon arrival and let them know if you have any needs.
Family lounges are located on the floors of each patient unit except for the fourth floor of the Knox building.
Please observe general hygiene practices, including disinfecting your hands upon entering and leaving the room. (Alcohol-based hand gel dispensers are placed conveniently for this purpose.) Please refrain from visiting the patient if you have, or have been exposed to, a cold, flu or other illness. If you are visiting a patient who has been placed under special infection-control precautions or isolation, please read the isolation signs, check with the patient’s nurse, and make sure you understand and cooperate with the required precautions. If you have questions, please contact the Infection Control Department at 847.570.2420 or 847.657.5877
No smoking is allowed at NorthShore University HealthSystem facilities including outside grounds and parking structures. Visitor Guidelines