NOTICE: Main Entrance Temporary Closure, Alternate Entrances
Glenbrook Hospital’s main entrance will be temporarily closed for construction until December 31, 2023. All visitors should park in the Green lot and enter the hospital through the Ambulatory Care Center (ACC) entrance located at 2180 Pfingsten Road. Any surgery or gastroenterology (GI) lab patients should park in the Blue or Orange lot and enter the hospital from the Surgery/GI lab entrance located along the east side of the hospital. Complimentary valet parking is available at both entrances. View map of entrances (PDF)
- Masks are required for all, regardless of vaccination status.
- Visitors must self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before entering the hospital or care site.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water or hand sanitizer.
Intensive Care Unit
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time. Visitors must be at least 12 years old. Visitors will follow established ICU safety guidelines. Exceptions to these hours will be made based on the patients' condition.
Medical Surgical Units
- 11:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. daily. Only two visitors at a time.
Lounges and Waiting Rooms
Lounges and waiting rooms are located at the end of the corridor on each patient floor. The waiting room for families of surgery patients is in the main (east) lobby on the first floor.
Please observe general hygiene practices, including disinfecting your hands upon entering and leaving the room. (Alcohol-based hand gel dispensers are placed conveniently for this purpose.) Please refrain from visiting the patient if you have, or have been exposed to, a cold, flu or other illness. If you are visiting a patient who has been placed under special infection-control precautions or isolation, please read the isolation signs, check with the patient’s nurse, and make sure you understand and cooperate with the required precautions. If you have questions, please contact the Infection Control Department at 847.657.5877
No smoking is allowed at NorthShore University HealthSystem facilities including outside grounds and parking structures.