Follow these steps for wireless internet access:
- Enable the wireless adapter.
- Select GUEST as the SSID.
- If prompted set encryption to Disabled.
- If prompted set WLAN type to Infrastructure.
- Ensure that the wireless adapter is using DHCP. Under TCP/IP
Properties of the Wireless Adapter the Obtain an IP address automatically option should be selected.
- Launch your web browser.
- Review the Terms and Conditions page. If you agree, then select accept and you will be forwarded to our guest services page. You are now connected to the Internet.
NOTE: Setup may vary depending on the hardware and software your computer uses.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- What hardware do I need to connect to Guest Access?
You will need an 802.11b, 802.11g or 802.11a compatible wireless adapter. This adapter may be built into your computer or may be an external USB or PCMCIA card.
- Can I rent wireless network cards from the hospital?
We do not offer rentals of any equipment.
- Do you offer wired connections for those without wireless adapters?
No, wired connections are not offered.
- I am getting an error that says, "Page Not Found." What should I do?
Please ensure that your wireless adapter is connected to the GUEST SSID, that your adapter is configured for DHCP and that the adapter is configured for Infrastructure mode and not AD-HOC. It is also possible that you may be trying to access an incorrect web page. Try a common page such as www.google.com or www.yahoo.com to ensure you are connected.
- I am getting a page that says "Websense has blocked the page." What should I do?
The medical center has content filters in place that block some internet material. Please try another page.