At NorthShore Kellogg Cancer Center, we understand that a cancer diagnosis is a life-changing event that can trigger a variety of emotions, and we recognize that managing emotional and practical needs is a vital part of coping with illness and maintaining your quality of life. Our team is committed to helping our patients address their challenges and improve their quality of life during the cancer treatment process.
The Psychosocial Support Program offers an extensive array of psychosocial support services to address both the emotional and social challenges of cancer, targeting our efforts each patient’s individual needs.
We invite cancer patients and their families to participate in our psychosocial support program. Our team collaborates with your physicians and nurses to provide the best in continued care.
Psychosocial services offered include:
- An assessment to determine what types of support you and your family may need
- Supportive contacts during treatment as needed or requested
- In-house support, relaxation, and informational groups
- Referrals to psychotherapy in the community
- Referrals to other community resources (home care, support groups, transportation)
- Assistance with financial matters, insurance and related concerns
- Assistance with advanced care planning, including Living Wills and Durable Power of Attorney for Health Care