Nutrition is an important part of the healing process in cancer treatment, as therapies such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation can impact even the healthiest patient. Within the Kellogg Cancer Center are Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs) with expertise in oncology who are available to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT) for our patients throughout the continuum of their cancer care. RDNs are available to help patients:
- Improve their ability to tolerate treatments and recover once treatment ends
- Manage common symptoms such as nausea, taste changes and bowel changes that can occur during treatment
- Prevent or correct nutritional deficiencies
- Help achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Clarify confusing health claims and inaccurate outside information about nutrition
Our dietitians work with our patients and their families not only during treatment, but also before and after, to provide continued nutritional advice and guidance throughout the cancer treatment process.
Oncology RDNs also educate patients and their families about the relationship between nutrition, lifestyle and cancer, and help patients understand and apply important cancer nutrition research before, during and after treatment.
For More Information
For more information on nutritional oncology, please call the Kellogg dietitian at your preferred location:
- Evanston - 847.570.4089
- Glenbrook - 847.503.1193
- Highland Park - 847.480.3867
- Outpatient - 847.570.2016