NorthShore University Health System, in conjunction with Loyola University and Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science, is recruiting for a 1-year, post graduate, advanced practice fellowship program for NPs and PAs in emergency medicine. This intensive program offers advanced training in hands-on clinical care through the use traditional teaching methods, but also the use of our innovative simulation center and cutting edge informatics. Along with emergency medicine, the program places an emphasis on multi-disciplinary learning and communication. All fellows will work under the direct mentorship of national leaders in emergency medicine and simulation-based education.
Upon completion, advanced practice fellows will have acquired specialized skills and knowledge allowing them to provide the highest caliber of emergency medical care to patients.
There are currently two grant-funded benefited fellowship positions available.
- Joanna Davidson, MD
Susan Bednar, NP
Pamela DeAngeles, PA-C
Alison Ruiz, PA-C
- Jeffrey Graff, MD, FACEP
- Jennifer Hess, PA-C
- Ann Marie Hilmer, APN
- Provide fellows with a strong knowledge base in advanced practice emergency clinical care, including assessment, diagnosis and treatment of children and adults
- Provide formative evaluation and assess proficiency of fellows in emergency medicine skills and procedures
- Cultivate effective communication and collaboration with other members of the emergency care team in intense and critical settings
Overview of Curriculum
- Weekly lectures/case presentations
- Case based or procedural simulation training
- Monthly MD resident conference
- Monthly ED case review
- Journal club
- Participation in translational research
The majority of clinical hours will be spent training in the NorthShore University Health System emergency departments. Other areas of focus will include:
- Critical Care
- Must have graduated from an accredited NP/PA program
- Graduates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be NP/PA certified or certification eligible by June 2015
- Must be willing to relocate to the Chicago-land area for the duration of the fellowship
- Licensed to treat both pediatric and adult patients
How To Apply
We will be accepting applications starting January 4, 2016. The application deadline will be March 7, 2016.
For More Information
Emergency Medicine Department
NorthShore University HealthSystem
2650 Ridge Ave.
Evanston, IL. 60201