Department of Pediatrics
Head, Pediatric Endocrinology
- Undergraduate: BA, Biology, Wesleyan University, Middleton, CT
- Medical School: MD, Medicine, Cornell University Medical School, NYC, NY
- Residency: Pediatrics, St. Louis Children's Hospital, St. Louis, MO
- Fellowship: Pediatric Endocrinology, Washington University Medical School, St. Louis, MO
Disorders of growth; Diabetes mellitus and its complications, especially cerebral edema; Adrenal hormone imbalance; Delayed or early puberty, Gynecomastia, Thyroid hormone imbalance, Calcium imbalance and Vitamin D disorders.
Honors and Awards
- Best Doctors in America
- Best Doctors in the MidWest
- Top Doctors in Chicago Metro Area
- American Diabetes Association
- The Endocrine Society
- Pediatric Endocrine Society
- The International Study Group of Diabetes in Children and Adolescence [ISPAD]
- Midwest Pediatric Endocrine Society
- The care of young persons with diabetes mellitus requires an integrated Team of providers who understand the biochemical and emotional struggles that threaten to undo the young person and his/her family. A deep knowledge base plus an emotional awareness of the struggles at hand are critical for success.
- The heart and soul of pediatric endocrinology is disordered growth. Attention to details, careful assessment of velocities and an appropriate use of laboratory and radiographic services will ensure proper diagnosis and treatment and avoid the pitfall of treating incorrectly diagnosed conditions.