Department of Medicine
Medical Director, Kellogg Cancer Center
Division Head, Hematology/Oncology
- Undergraduate: BS, Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
- Medical School: MD, Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowship: Hematology/Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
- American Board of Internal Medicine; Certified in Internal Medicine, 1993; recertified in 2003, 2013
- American Board of Internal Medicine; Certified in Medical Oncology, 1996; recertified in 2005
Research and Academic Interests
- Head and Neck Cancers
- Bone and Soft Tissue Sarcomas
- Malignant Melanoma
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- (1996-1998) Instructor of Clinical Medicine, University of Chicago, Department of Internal Medicine
- (1998-1999) Assistant Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Chicago, Department of Internal Medicine
- (1999-present) Attending Staff (Senior Attending), Evanston Hospital, Evanston, IL
- (1999-2005) Assistant Professor of Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
- (2005-2009) Associate Professor of Medicine, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
- (2009-present) Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine
Honors and Awards
- 1986 University of Illinois - Class of 1941 Memorial excellence Award in Engineering
- 1985 - Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society-Vice President
- 1989 - AOA
- 2001-2011 - Castle Connelly Best Doctors;2011, 2012, 2013 - Top 1%
- 2002-2003 - Outstanding Teacher Award- NorthShore University HealthSystem
- 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014 - Chicago Magazine Top Doctors
- 2008-present - Kellogg-Scanlon Chair in Oncology
- 2009 - Stephen A Weisman Humanitarian Award. Cancer Wellness Center
- 2014 - Myra Rubinstein Weis Honoree, NorthShore University HealthSystem HP Auxiliary (May 2014)
- (2013-present) Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology
- 2013-2014 Concept Review Committee, Reviewer
- (1993-present) American Society of Clinical Oncology
- (2005-present) American Cancer Society –
2007-2009 President Lake County IL Chapter
2005-2007 Vice President
2009- 2012 Regional Leadership Board member
2009- 2012 Illinois Division delegate
- (1995-present) Connective Tissue Oncology Society
- (2000-present) Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (Head and Neck Committee
- (1999-present) Illinois Medical Oncology Society
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Brockstein BE, Ross AA, Moss TJ, Kahn DG, Hollingsworth K, Williams SF. Tumor Cell Contamination of Bone Marrow Harvest Products: Clinical Consequences in a Cohort of Advanced Stage Breast Cancer Patients Undergoing High Dose Chemotherapy. J Hematotherapy 1996; 5:617-624.
- Brockstein B, Haraf D, Stenson K, Fasammade A, Stupp R, Glisson B, Lippman S, Sulzen L, Klepsch A, Ratain M, Weichselbaum R, Vokes EE. A Phase I Study of Intensive Concomitant Chemotherapy with Paclitaxel, 5FU, and Hydroxyurea with Granulocyle Colony Stimulating Factor Support for Patients with Advanced Cancer of the Head and Neck. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 1998; 16:735.
- Vogelzang NJ, Mani S, Schilsky RL, Ansari RH, Taber D, Rhinehart SN, Garcia JC, Meyer SC, Mick R, Brockstein BE, Stadler WM, Ratain MJ, and Vokes EE. Phase II and Pharmacodynamic studies of Pyrazine Diazohydroxide (NSC 361456) in Patients with Advanced Renal and Colorectal Cancer. Clinical Cancer Research, 1998; 4:929-934.
- Humerickhouse RA, Dolan ME, Haraf DJ, Brockstein B, Stenson K, Kies M, Sulzen L, Ratain MJ, Vokes EE. Phase I Study of Eniluracil, A Dihydropyrimidine Dehydrogenase Inhibitor, and Oral 5-FU with Radiation Therapy In Patients with Recurrent Or Advanced Head and Neck Cancer. Clin Ca Rsch 1999;5:291-8.
- Lamont E, Cavaghan M, Brockstein B. Oncogenic Osteomalacia as a Harbinger of recurrent Osteosarcoma. Sarcoma, 1999; 3:95-100.
- Brockstein B, Shepard D, Kugler J, Fishkin, , Arrieta R, Ratain M, Vokes, EE, Vogelzang NJ. A Phase II Study of Trimethylcolchinicinic Acid in Advanced Prostate Cancer. The Prostate Journal 1999; 1:195-202.
- Stenson KM, MacCracken E, List M, Haraf DJ, Brockstein B, Weichselbaum R, Vokes EE. Swallowing function in head and neck cancer patients prior to treatment. Archives of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery 2000; 126:371-377.
- Brockstein B, Smiley C, Al-Sadir J, Williams S. Cardiac and pulmonary t oxicityin patients undergoing high dose chemotherapy for lymphoma and breast cancer: prognostic factors. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2000; 25:885-894.
- Brockstein B, Haraf DJ, Stenson K, Sulzen L, Witt ME, Weichselbaum RW, Vokes EE. A phase I/II study of concomitant chemoradiotherapy with paclitaxel (1 hour infusion), 5FU, and hydroxyurea with granulocyte colony stimulating factor support for patients with poor prognosis head and neck cancer. Annals of Oncology 2000; 11:721-728.
- Brockstein B, Benefits of chemotherapy in head and neck cancer. (Letter) Lancet 2000; 356:767.
- Lad T, Rosen F, Sciortino D, Brockstein B, Keubler JP, Arietta R, Vokes E. Phase II Trial of Aminocamptothecin (9-AC/DMA) in Patients with Advanced Squamous Cell Head and Neck Cancer. Invest New Drugs 2000; 18:261-263.
- Brockstein BE. Reduction of distant metastases in head and neck cancer with concomitant chemotherapy. (Letter). J Clin Oncol 2000; 18:3320.
- Brockstein B, Samuels B, Humerickhouse R, Arietta , Fishkin P, Wade J, Sosman J, Vokes EE. Phase II Studies of Bryostatin-1 in Patients with Advanced Sarcoma and Advanced Head and Neck Cancer. Investigational New Drugs 2001; 19:249-254.
- Pfister DG, Ang K, Brockstein B, Colevas AD, Ellerhorn J, Goepfert H, et al. NCCN Practice Guidelines for Head and Neck Cancers. Oncology (Huntingt) 2000; 14(11A):163-194.
- Sener SF, Milos S, Feldman J, Martz CH, Winchester DJ, Dieterich M, Locker G, Khandekar JD, Brockstein B, Haid,M.- The Spectrum of Vascular Lesions in the Mammary Skin, Including Angiosarcoma, after Breast Conservation Treatment for Breast Cancer. J Am Coll Surg 2001; 193:22-28.
- Kies MS, Haraf DJ, Rosen F, Stenson K, List M, Brockstein B, Chung T, Mittal BB, Pelzer H, Portugal L, Rademaker A, Weichselbaum R, Vokes EE. Concomitant Infusional Paclitaxel and Fluorouracil, oral Hydroxyurea, and Hyperfractionated Radiation for Locally Advanced Squamous Head and Neck Cancer. J Clin Oncol 2001; 19:1961-1969.
- Masters GA, Brockstein B, Mani S, Ratain M. Phase I Dose Escalation Study of Docetaxel with Filgrastim Support in Patients with Solid Tumors. Medical Oncolgy 2003;20:7-12.
- Vokes EE, Stenson, Rosen FR, Kies MS, Rademaker AW, Witt ME, Brockstein BE, List MA, Fung BB, Portugal L, Mittal BB, Pelzer H, Weichselbaum RR, Haraf DJ. Weekly carboplatin followed by concomitant TFHX chemoradiotherapy: Curative and Organ Preserving Therapy for Advanced Head and Neck Cancer. J Clin Oncol 2003; 21; 320-326.
- Rosen FR, Haraf DJ, Kies MS, Stenson K, Portugal L, List MA, Brockstein BE, Mittal BB, Rademaker AW, Witt ME, Pelzer H, Weichselbaum RR, Vokes EE. Multicenter Randomized Phase II Study of Paclitaxel (1 hour infusion), fluorouracil, hydroxyurea and concomitant twice daily radiation with or without erythropoietin for advanced head and neck cancer. Clinical Cancer Research 2003; 9:1689-1697.
- Lamont E, Hayreh D, Pickett K, List M, Stenson K, Haraf D, Brockstein B, Sellergren SA, Vokes E. Is travel distance associated with survival on phase II trials in oncology? J Natl Cancer Inst 2003;95:1370-1375.
- Brockstein B, Mundt AJ, Haraf DJ, Ferguson M, Montag A. Radiation induced Leiomyosarcoma. Does antimetabolite chemotherapy contribute? A report of three cases. Sarcoma 2003;7:167-172.
- Haraf DJ, Rosen FR, Stenson K, Argiris A, Mittal BB, Witt ME, Brockstein BE, List MA, Pelzer H, Weichselbaum RR, Vokes EE. Induction chemotherapy followed by concomitant TFHX chemoradiotherapy with reduced dose radiation in advanced head and neck cancer. Clin Cancer Res 2003; 9:5936-5943.
- Argiris A, Brockstein BE, Stenson KM, Mittal BB, Kies MS, Portugal L, Wenig BL, Rosen FR, Haraf DJ, Vokes EE. Competing causes of death and second primary tumors with locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer treated with chemoradiotherapy. Clin Cancer Res 2004; 10:1956-1962.
- Brockstein B, Haraf DJ, Rademaker AW, Kies MS, Stenson KM, Rosen FR, Mittal BB, Pelzer H, Fung BB, Rosen F, Witt ME, Wenig B, Portugal L, Weichselbaum RW. Vokes E. Patterns of failure, Prognostic Factors, and Survival in Locoregionally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer Treated with Organ Preservation Chemoradiotherapy. Ann Oncol 2004;15:1179-86.
- Argiris A, Stenson KM, Brockstein BE, Mittal BB, Pelzer H, Kies MS, Jayaram P, Portugal L, Wenig BL, Rosen FR, Haraf DJ, Vokes EE. Neck node dissection in the combined modality therapy of patients with locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer. Head Neck. 2004; 26:447-55.
- Brockstein B, Metastatic Osteosarcoma: A Curable Advanced Malignancy (Letter). J Clin Oncol 2004; 22:5017.
- Cohen E, Pierce C, Kane M, Mehotra B, Dekker A, Brockstein B, Huo D, Vokes EE. Phase II Trial of Gefitinib 250 mg daily in patients with recurrent and/or metastatic squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Clin Cancer Res 2005; 11:8418-24.
- Forastiere AA, Ang K, Brizel D, Brockstein BE, Dunphy F, Eisele DW, Goepfert H, Hicks WL Jr, Kies MS, Lydiatt WM, Maghami E, McCaffrey T, Mittal BB, Pfister DG, Pinto HA, Posner MR, Ridge JA, Samant S, Schuller DE, Shah JP, Spencer S, Trotti A 3rd, Wheeler RH 3rd, Wolf GT, Worden F, Yueh B; National Comprehensive Cancer Network. Head and Neck Cancers J Natl Compr Canc Network 2005; 3:316-91.
- Logemann JA, Rademaker AW, Pauloski BR, Lazarus CL, Mittal BB, Brockstein B, , MacCracken E, Haraf D, Vokes EE, Newman LA. Liu D, Site of disease and Treatment Protocol as correlates of swallowing function in head and neck cancer patients treated with chemo-radiation. Head Neck. 2006; 28:64-73.
- Carneiro B, Watkin W, Mehta U, Brockstein B. Metastatic Basal cell carcinoma. Complete response to chemotherapy, and associated pure red cell aplasia. A case report and review of the literature. Cancer Invest. 2006;24;396-400.
- Cohen EE, Haraf DJ, List MA, Kocherginsky M, Mittal BB, Rosen F, Brockstein B, Williams R, Witt ME, Stenson KM, Kies MS, Vokes EE. High survival and organ function rates after primary chemoradiotherapy for intermediate-stage squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck treated in a multicenter phase II trial. J Clin Oncol 2006; 20:3438-44.
- Christopher W. Ryan, M. Eileen Dolan, Bruce Brockstein, Roger McLendon, Brian L. Samuels, Edem S. Agamah, Everett E. Vokes . A Phase II Trial of O6-Benzylguanine and Carmustine in Patients with Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma. Cancer Chemotherapy Pharmacology 2006;58:634-9.
- Yount S, List M, Dy H, Yost K, Bode R, Brockstein B, Argiris A, Vokes E, Cohen EEW, Campbell B, Valenzuela V, George J, Egan R, Chen J, Meddis D, Cella D. A randomized validation study comparing embedded versus extracted FACT head and neck symptom index scores. Qual Life Res 2007; 16: 1615-1626.
- Salama JK, Stenson KM, Kistner EO, Mittal BB, Argiris A, Witt ME, Rosen F, Brockstein BE, Cohen EE, Haraf DJ, Vokes EE. Induction chemotherapy and concurrent chemoradiotherapy for locoregionally advanced head and neck cancer: a multi-institutional phase II trial investigating three radiotherapy dose levels. Ann Oncol 2008; 19: 1787-1794. Jun 6. [Epub ahead of print].
- Argiris A, Buchanan A, Brockstein B, Kolesar J, Ghebremichael M, Pins M, Hahn K, Axelrod R, Forastiere A. Docetaxel and irinotecan in recurrent or metastatic head and neck cancer. A phase 2 study of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group. Cancer 2009; 115:4504-4513.
- Maki RG, D'Adamo DR, Keohan ML, Saulle M, Scheutze SM, Undevia S, Livingston MB, Cooney MM, Hensley ML, Mita MM, Takimota CH, Kraft AS, Elias AD, Brockstein B, Blachare NE, Edgar MA, Schwartz LH, Li-Xuan Qin, Antonescu CR, Schwartz GK. A phase II study of sorafenib in patients with metastatic or recurrent sarcomas; J Clin Oncol 2009; 27: 3133-3140.
- Cohen EE, Haraf DJ, Kunnavakkam R, Stenson KM, Blair EA, Brockstein B, Lester EP, Salama JK, Dekker A, Williams R, Witt ME, Grushko TA, Dignam JJ, Lingen MW, Olopade OI, Vokes EE. EGFR inhibitor Gefitinib added to chemoradiotherapy in locally advanced head and neck cancer; J. Clin Onc 2010; 28: 3336-3343.
- Brockstein B Hensing H, Carro G, Obel J, Khandekar J, Kaminer L, Van De Wege C, de Wilton Marsh, R. The effect of an electronic health record on the culture of an outpatient medical oncology practice in a 4- hospital healthcare system: 5 year experience; Journal of Oncology Practice 2011; 7:e20-e24.
- Harschberger, C, Harper A, Carro G, Spath W, Hui W, Lawton W, Brockstein B. Outcomes of Computerized Physician Order Entry in an Electronic Health Record Following Implementation in an Outpatient Oncology Setting. Journal Oncology Practice 2011; 7; 233-237.
- Wali RK, Kunte DP, De La Cruz M, Tiwari AK, Brasky J, Weber CR, Gibson TP, Patel A, Savkovic SD, Brockstein BE, Roy HK. Topical polyethylene glycol as a novel chemopreventive agent for oral cancer via targeting of epidermal growth factor response. PLoS One. 2012; 7(6):e38047. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0038047. Epub 2012 Jun 4.
- Agulnik M, Yarber JL, Okuno SH, von Mehren M, Jovanovic BD, Brockstein BE, Evens AM, Benjamin RS. An open-label, multicenter, phase II study of bevacizumab for the treatment of angiosarcoma and epithelioid hemangioendotheliomas. Ann Oncol. 2013; 24:257-63- epub 2012 Aug 21.
- Fury M, Sherman E, Lisa D, Agarwal N, Algazy K, Brockstein B, Langer C, Lim D, Mehra R, Rajan S, Korte S, Lipson B, Yunus F, Tanvetyanon T, Smith-Marrone S, Ng K, Xiao H, Haque S, Pfister D. A Randomized Phase II Study of Cetuximab Every 2 Weeks at Either 500 or 750 mg/m2 for Patients with Recurrent or Metastatic Head and Neck Squamous Cell Cancer. JNNCN 2012; 10: 1391-1398.
- Schwartz GK, Tap WD, Qin LX, Livingston MB, Undevia SD, Chmielowski B, Agulnik M, Schuetze SM, Reed DR, Okuno SH, Ludwig JA, Keedy V, Rietschel P, Kraft AS, Adkins D, Van Tine BA, Brockstein B, Yim V, Bitas C, Abdullah A, Antonescu CR, Condy M, Dickson MA, Vasudeva SD, Ho AL, Doyle LA, Chen HX, Maki RG. Cixutumumab and temsirolimus for patients with bone and soft-tissue sarcoma: a multicentre, open-label, phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncol. 2013; 14: 371-82. doi: 10.1016/S1470-2045(13)70049-4. Epub 2013 Mar 8.
- Clarke M, Ortel B, Brockstein B, Rojanapremsuk T, Victor T, Thomas A, Cibull T. Bilateral areolar leiomyomas in a patient undergoing BRAF inhibition therapy for melanoma.J Cutan Pathol. 2013 Oct; 40(10):884-6. doi: 10.1111/cup.12199. Epub 2013 Aug 7.
- I. G. K. Schwartz, R. G. Maki, M. J. Ratain, S. D. Undevia, R. L. Jones, C. M. Rudin, L. L. Siu, B. Brockstein, D. Khayat, T. Gil, M. J. De Jonge, M. B. Sawyer, T. R. J. Evans, J. Medioni, P. J. O'Dwyer, C. Hartman, V. Poulart, I. B. Walters; Brivanib (BMS-5826664) selective dual inhibition of FGFR and VEGFR in advanced soft tissue sarcoma (STS): biomarker and subset results of a phase II randomized discontinuation trial. Submitted.
- Phase III randomized Trial of Docetaxel Based Induction Chemotherapy in Patients with N2/n3 Locally Advanced Head and Neck Cancer (DeCIDE), Cohen, EE.......Brockstein, B.....et al; In Press, J Clin Oncol.
- Brockstein BE, Vogelzang NJ. Chemotherapy of Genitourinary Cancer. In Perry MC, ed: The Chemotherapy Sourcebook, Second Edition Baltimore, Williams and Wilkins, 1996. 1215-1251.
- Brockstein BE, Vokes EE. Principles of Chemotherapy in Treating Head and Neck Cancer. In Bailey BJ ed. Head and Neck Surgery- Otolaryngology, second ed., Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 1998.
- Brockstein BE, Peabody T, Simon M. Diagnosis and Treatment of Soft Tissue Sarcomas. In Oncologic Therapies, Vokes EE, Golomb HM, eds. Springer-Verlag, 1998.
- Peabody T, Brockstein B, Simon M. Diagnosis and Treatment of Bone Sarcomas. In Oncologic Therapies, Vokes EE, Golomb HM, eds Springer-Verlag, 1998.
- Brockstein BE, Vokes EE, Chapter Editors. Head and Neck Cancer. In Up to Date (CDRom Textbook), B.D. Rose, editor. Ongoing editorial duties include three times yearly updates and reviews of 40 sub-sections:
- Overview of Head and Neck Cancer – Stenson/Brockstein/Chung
- General Aspects of Induction Chemotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer – Brockstein/Vokes
- Post treatment surveillance after treatment of head and neck cancer – Charous/Brockstein
- Complications of Radiotherapy Head and Neck Cancer – Chung/Hamilton/Brockstein
- Induction Chemotherapy for Organ Preservation in Head and Neck Cancer – Brockstein/Vokes
- General Aspects of Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer – Brockstein/Vokes
- Concomitant Chemoradiotherapy for Unresectable Head and Neck Cancer – Brockstein/Vokes
- Organ preservation in locoregionally advanced laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer: Concomitant chemoradiotherapy – Brockstein/Vokes
- Organ preservation in locoregionally advanced laryngeal and hypopharyngeal cancer: Neoadjuvant chemotherapy – Brockstein/Vokes
- Chemotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer I and II: – Brockstein/Vokes
- Nasopharyngeal Cancer I and II – Brockstein/Gordon
- Overview of Complications of Concomitant Chemoradiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer – Brockstein/Vokes
- Overview of Imaging in Head and Neck Cancer – Ankenbrandt/Brockstein
- Head and Neck Sarcomas I and II – Brockstein
- Overview of Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer – Carneiro/ Brockstein/ Stenson/Song
- Brockstein BE, Vokes EE. Principles of Chemotherapy in Treating Head and Neck Cancer. In Bailey BJ ed. Head and Neck Surgery- Otolaryngology, third. ed, Philadelphia, Lippincott-Raven, 2001.
- Brockstein BE, Khandekar J, Chemotherapy for Head and Ncek Cancer. Chapter 57. In JJ Ballenger and JB Snow Jr. eds. Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, 16th ed., Singular Publishers, San Diego, CA , 2003.
- Fradkina P, Brockstein BE. Chemotherapy. In Loue, Sana; Sajatovic, Martha (Eds.) Encyclopedia of Aging and Public Health. Springer, 2008. ISBN: 978-0-387-33754-8.
Proceedings and Non-Refereed Papers:
- Brockstein B, Johns L, Gewertz B. Blood Supply to the Spinal Cord. Anatomic and Physiological Correlation. Annals of Vascular Surgery 1994; 8:394-399.
- Brockstein B, Williams S. High Dose Chemotherapy with Autologous Stem Cell Rescue for Breast Cancer: Yesterday, Today, and Tomorrow. Stem Cells 1996; 14:79-89.
- Brockstein B, Vokes EE. Chemoradiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer. PPO Updates 1996; 10(9): 1-19.
- Vokes, EE, Brockstein BE, Humerickhouse R, Haraf DJ. Oral 5-FU Alternatives for the Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer. Oncology, 1998; 12(10 suppl 7):35-38.
- Brockstein BE, Vokes EE. Concomitant and Rapidly Alternating Chemoradiation for Head and Neck Cancer. Advances in Oncology, 1998;14:8-15.
- Brockstein B. New Sytstemic Therapeutic Strategies for Head and Neck Cancer. Revisita de Oncologia. 1999;1:13-17.
- Vokes EE, Haraf DJ, Brockstein BE, Weichselbaum RR. Paclitaxel, Fluorouracil, Hydroxyurea and Concomitant Radiation Therapy for Poor Prognosis Head and Neck Cancer. Semin Radiat Oncol, 1999;9(2 Suppl 1):70-76.
- Wolf GT, Forastiere A, Ang K, Brockstein B, Conley B, Goepfert H, Krause D, Lefebvre JL, Pajak T, Pfister D, Urba S. Organ preservation strategies in advanced head and neck cancer: Current status and future directions. Fifth Research Workshop on the Biology, Prevention and Treatment of Head and Neck Cancer, McLean, VA., August 27-30, 1998. Head Neck 1999;21:689-693.
- Brockstein BE, Vokes EE. Oral Chemotherapy in Head and Neck Cancer. Drugs 1999;58:91-97.
- Brockstein B. Integration of Taxanes into primary chemotherapy for squamous carcinoma of the head and neck- Promise fulfilled? Current Opinion in Oncology 2000;12:221-228.
- Brockstein B, Vokes EE. Concurrent Chemoradiotherapy for Head and Neck Cancer. Seminars in Oncology. 2004;13:786-793.
- Brockstein B. Management of sarcomas of the head and neck. Curr Oncol Rep. 2004;6:321-7.
- Brockstein B, Vokes EE. “The Argiris/Jayaram/Pichardo Article Reviewed. Oncology (Williston Park). 2005;19:932-4, 939; discussion 939-45.
- Brockstein B, Lacouture M, Agulnik M. The Role of Inhibitors of the Epidermal growth Factor in Management of Head and Neck Cancer. J NCCN 2008;6:696-706.
- Lal A, Brockstein B, Grinblatt D; Review; Coagulopathy and factor inhibitors; Clinical advances in hematology and oncology 2008; 6: 925-927.
- Brockstein B, Vokes EE. Accelerated radiotherapy for HNSCC in developing countries; Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology 2010; 7: 616-618.
- Brockstein B, Vokes EE; 2010; Head and Neck Cancer in 2010. Maximizing survival and minimizing toxicity. Nature Reviews Clinical Oncology; 2010; 7:72-4.
- Brockstein B. Management of recurrent Head and Neck Cancer: Recent Progress and Future Directions: Drugs 2011; 71 (12):1551-1559.