NorthShore Laboratory Services (NSLS) extends the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine capabilities beyond our hospital campuses and NorthShore Medical Group locations. Offering convenience, accessibility and high quality laboratory testing and analysis, NSLS provides outreach services to independent physicians and institutional clients such as assisted living facilities and smaller hospitals throughout the North Shore.
An experienced provider of lab services, we offer the full spectrum of laboratory tests—from the routine to the esoteric and highly specialized—to external physicians and their patients. These include:
- Anatomic Pathology—surgical pathology services performed by board-certified anatomic pathologists, including subspecialists in dermatopathology and neuropathology. Consultation and diagnostic services available from hematopathology specialist.
- Blood Bank
- Core Laboratory (chemistry, hematology and urinalysis)
- Cytopathology—gynecological/non-gynecological services performed by a board-certified cytopathologist
- Flow Cytometry
- Microbiology (bacteriology, MRSA screening, mycology, mycobacteriology, parasitology and virology)
- Molecular Diagnosis (DNA based testing for a variety of cancer, heritable diseases and infection)
Greater than 99 percent of our laboratory testing is performed in the state-of-the-art laboratory facilities at NorthShore's four hospitals. NorthShore’s experienced staff of nationally certified allied health professionals and pathology and laboratory medicine specialists (MD, DO and PhD) perform these services. Our team works closely with experts at our Centers for Personalized Medicine and Medical Genetics.
We provide laboratory services when and where you need them. NSLS operates 14 patient service centers (PSCs) from Evanston to Gurnee and many locations in-between. Patients needing lab work can conveniently go to any of our centers for routine specimen collection such as blood, urine and throat cultures as ordered by their physician. Walk-ins are always welcomed and can be easily accommodated.
Committed to excellence in customer service, we provide:
- Dedicated courier service seven days a week
- Secure reporting of lab results to physicians’ offices
- Easy electronic ordering of tests
- Access to expert consultation from laboratory specialists
- Staffed customer service line for general inquiries and troubleshooting
For more information about our services, call 847.663.2100.