Our highest priority is the health and safety of the communities we serve. Our screening centers are open, with all the latest COVID-19 safety protocols in place to protect your health.
Continuing to provide safe screening mammography and other breast imaging services during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic is of the utmost importance to us. Please schedule your screening as you normally would on NorthShoreConnect or by calling 888.364.6400.
With a dedication to breast cancer prevention, our team places a major emphasis on early detection. NorthShore’s Center for Breast Health performs more than 90,000 mammograms annually at our screening facilities located across the Chicago area, including downtown Chicago, in Nordstrom at Old Orchard shopping mall and our Center for Breast Health at each of our hospitals. Same-day screening mammogram appointments are often available, as well as fast-track scheduling for diagnostic procedures and appointments with breast surgeons. As a preeminent imaging center in the Chicago region, and an industry leader in breast cancer prevention, NorthShore also offers:
- All images interpreted by dedicated breast radiologists, which research shows improves the rate of cancer detection
Breast Cancer Prevention Expertise & Results
- NorthShore's Center for Breast Health is the first center in the Chicago region to be accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- The Center for Breast Health is recognized as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology.
- NorthShore brings together leaders from all major medical disciplines dedicated to breast cancer prevention, early detection, breast-conserving therapy, effective treatments, clinical trials and research, wellness and counseling.
- Our Center for Breast Health serves more than 800 patients with breast cancer annually, making it the largest program of its kind in Illinois and the state’s largest academic, multidisciplinary breast cancer practice.
- 88 percent of NorthShore’s breast cancer cases were diagnosed at an early stage (stage 0, 1 and 2), ahead of the national trend (81 percent) toward early detection.
- Our Center for Breast Health reports that patients have a 71 percent breast conservation rate.