The Myra Rubenstein Weis Health Resource Center is dedicated to supporting the health education needs of the community. An annual benefit funds the Resource Center as well as the Living in the Future (LIFE) Cancer Survivorship Program, including sponsorship of the Myra Rubenstein Weis Cancer Survivorship Seminars.
Located at Highland Park Hospital, the Resource Center is a private place to obtain information when making healthcare decisions.
Visitors are welcome to stop by to browse our collection and enjoy our relaxing environment between appointments or during other idle time in the hospital.
Our personal, confidential assistance is available free of charge to help you find the health information you need. Our hours are Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more information or to request services, call the Resource Center Coordinator at 847.480.2727 or email email@example.com.
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Did you know:
- Breast self-examination is effective in detecting 70% of breast abnormalities.
- 40% of diagnosed breast cancers are detected by women who feel a lump.
- Breast cancer feels like a hard rock in the breast 78% of the time.
- About 70% of women diagnosed with breast cancer have no known risk factors for it at all.
- Men can also get breast cancer (less than 1%).
The power to detect breast cancer is literally in your hands. Be sure to do regular self-self-exams and get that yearly mammogram ladies!
Be informed, be empowered and be well!
For more information or to learn more about a variety of different health topics, please visit Healthy You, your resource for timely health and wellness news, inspiring patient stories and tips to lead a healthy life..