Aquatic Physical Therapy provides an alternate environment to optimize movement and function. It helps assist physical therapy patients in working toward their therapy goals in a decreased weight-bearing environment.
Participating in Aquatic Physical Therapy can support rehabilitative goals for patients of all ages, conditions and diagnoses. Aquatic Physical Therapy can be used in conjunction with traditional land-based Physical Therapies.
Aquatic Therapy can:
- increase exercise participation
- promote muscular relaxation
- reduce pain
- improve range of motion as it is easier on the joints
- improve circulation
- decrease swelling
- improve body awareness, balance and core strength
- enable earlier return to weight bearing activity in the aquatic environment
Patients with varied injuries and conditions respond well to this type of therapy.
Ask your doctor or physical therapist for more information about our aquatic therapy options.