Exercise Physiology | Body Composition | Musculoskeletal Health
The NorthShore Sports Health and Performance Program also offers a comprehensive spectrum of screening tests. Our assessments for exercise physiology, body composition and musculoskeletal health can provide valuable medical information to help active individuals achieve the results they need to succeed.
- VO2 Max – A metabolic test to indicate the level of cardiovascular and aerobic fitness.
- Resting Metabolic Rate – “A simple test to determine baseline caloric expenditure. This is how many calories you burn at rest.”
- Body Composition Assessment (BOD POD) – Tests to measure the ratio of fat to lean body mass as a percentage of an individual’s total weight.
- Sports Nutrition Assessment & Counseling – An analysis to determine optimum nutrients, caloric intake and hydration for daily training, competition, sport-specific nutritional needs and recovery, and a sports nutrition diet plan based on your activity and goals.
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS) – A series of tests intended to evaluate continuity of movement and predisposition for injury.
- Biomechanics Evaluation – Video analysis of athletic skills, including running, cycling, swimming and throwing. Advanced image-capturing software enables NorthShore experts to analyze technique and provide customized feedback including corrective and preventative exercise recommendations.
- Sports Injury Evaluation and Management – Appointments with fellowship-trained Sports Medicine physicians for any injury or medical condition that arises, which may impact your sports performance.
Schedule an Appointment
To schedule an appointment please call 847.503.1400. The NorthShore Sports Health and Performance Program is located at the Glenbrook Ambulatory Care Center at 2180 Pfingsten Road, Ste. 3100, in Glenview.