The adult Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) at Evanston Hospital is a time-limited, structured psychotherapy program designed to meet the needs of patients who are in need of intensive skill building to better cope with mental illness. The program offers structured treatment when conventional outpatient therapy is not sufficient to stabilize an individual’s symptoms. A multidisciplinary team delivers services that are individually tailored to provide a coordinated, intensive and comprehensive plan for the patient. To schedule an initial assessment, please call 847.570.2500, option 2.
Adult IOP offers evidenced based-treatment, including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) to help patients develop coping skills. The primary focus of IOP treatment includes the following:
- Developing and improving practice of effective patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving
- Developing and improving practice of regulating emotions and impulsive behaviors
- Developing and improving practice of interpersonal effectiveness and managing distress
- Providing psycho-education that will give knowledge and skills to cope with symptoms and prevent relapse
Clinically Effective Treatment For:
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Adjustment disorders
- Personality disorders
- Initial Intake assessment
- Health screening
- Group Psychotherapy
- Family Sessions
Our 5-day IOP treatment consists of 2 groups daily, Monday through Friday, 9:30 to 12:00 PM.
Groups offered include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Anger Management
- Diagnosis psychoeducation
- Strengths/positive psychology
Our 3-day IOP treatment consists of 2 groups, Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, 9:30 AM to 12:00 PM.
Groups offered include:
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Emotion Regulation and Mindfulness skill-building
- Interpersonal Effectiveness skill-building
- Distress Tolerance skill-building
- Medical Director and Board Certified Psychiatrist
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Clinical Social Workers
- Licensed Clinical Professional Counselors
For more information about our Intensive Outpatient Program for mental health, please call: 847.570.1378.
To schedule an initial assessment for adult IOP, please call: 847.570.2500, option 2.