Important Update: May 20, 2022
Given Congress’s end to funding COVID-19 testing and treatment, patients may now receive a bill for COVID testing-19 and treatment services that are not fully covered by insurance.
NorthShore will continue to provide COVID vaccines at no out-of-pocket cost to patients.
If you need a COVID-19 test:
- Walk in to a NorthShore Immediate Care Center with your photo ID and insurance card
- We are providing RT-PCR tests, with results typically available within an hour, across all clinic locations
- If you need a test and your insurer only covers part of the cost of test, you may be asked to pay the total or balance of the cost of the test
- Individuals who are concerned about their ability to pay for COVID testing can apply for financial assistance. Learn more here.
- To find a community-based testing site that provides low cost or no cost tests, click here
- Out-of-pocket fees associated with COVID-19 testing are:
- COVID Test: $165
- Office Visit: $98-$116
If you have a known exposure to COVID-19, or have symptoms consistent with COVID-19, remember to mask up immediately and follow other safety best practices pending test results.
COVID-19 testing options
Learn about testing options based on your circumstances. If it is proving difficult to get access to a test, follow this guidance.
If you’re unable to get a COVID-19 test at NorthShore, consider other testing options in your community.