Last updated October 14, 2022
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) have approved and are recommending new bivalent (omicron”) boosters for individuals ages 5 and up.
NorthShore clinics are now accepting appointments for all those eligible and are offering Moderna-brand boosters to kids 5-11 and Moderna and Pfizer boosters to all those 12 and up.
Swedish is offering Pfizer boosters only and provides easy walk-in access. Swedish Medical Group offices will be offering the Moderna Primary series for age group 6mo -5yrs and Bivalent Booster for age group 6yrs – 11yrs.
About COVID-19 vaccines & boosters
CDC recommends everyone stay up to date with their COVID-19 vaccination, including all primary series doses and boosters for their age group:
- People ages 5 years and older are now eligible to receive the updated COVID-19 bivalent booster, reformulated to target the original virus, plus still dominant BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants. The original (monovalent) mRNA booster is no longer available for these individuals.
- Younger children not eligible for a bivalent booster should receive primary doses.
- Children ages 6 months to 4 years should get all COVID-19 primary series doses.
Select locations now offering COVID-19 booster and flu vaccines together
With fall and winter are around the corner, it’s time to get your flu shot—as well as your updated COVID-19 booster. (These can be safely administered together.) To make it easy to check both vaccine boxes, schedule for either your flu or COVID-19 booster at our Evanston, Northbrook and Lake Bluff clinic locations, and get the other vaccine upon request at the time of your appointment.
Receiving a COVID-19 vaccine after you recover from COVID-19 infection provides added protection against COVID-19.
People who are moderately or severely immuno-compromised have different recommendations for COVID-19 vaccines, including boosters.
Scheduling is Fast & Easy
- Schedule via your NorthShoreConnect patient portal.
- For assistance in scheduling, call 847.982.5000.
- For COVID-19 boosters only, walk in to Swedish Hospital, (2470 W Foster Ave Suite 114 Chicago IL 60625, Mondays-Fridays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.)
Parents or legal guardians must accompany minors (those 17 and under) and provide written consents for vaccine to be administered.
Please bring your ID, COVID-19 vaccination card, and insurance information at the time of your vaccination.
COVID-19 vaccine and booster recommendations may be updated as CDC continues to monitor the latest data. Please visit this webpage and the CDC website for additional updates.