To reduce lead exposure to you and your family, you can:
- Let cold water run for 30 seconds before drinking it
- Use cold water when cooking, as hot water absorbs more lead
- Invest in a water filter for your drinking and cooking water
- When mixing formula for infants, use filtered water
- Dust, vacuum and wash toys often if you are renovating or live in a home built before 1978 – as lead travels in dust from soil and paint
If you have any questions or concerns about lead poisoning, consult with your doctor.