When medical complications or high-risk pregnancies require women to be hospitalized during pregnancy, PFSC provides antepartum care including emotional support and guidance to ease their stress. We help patients cope with the changing picture of their pregnancies and the disruptions caused by the unanticipated hospital admission.
Specifically, the staff of the PFSC aim to:
- assess concerns related to the high-risk pregnancy
- facilitate completion of the normal task of pregnancy
- foster healthy attachment to the unborn baby
- support women and their families in adjustment to hospitalization
- identify and address needs of the larger family to insure needed community-based services are secured
- address individual mental health, psychosocial or emotional needs
- linkage to hospital-based ancillary services as appropriate
To learn more about antepartum care, please call 847.570.2880.