The Child Life Program at Evanston Hospital offers internship opportunities for undergraduate and graduate level students aspiring to become a Certified Child Life Specialist. Internships are available to students who have had 100 hours of volunteer experience in a healthcare setting.
Students are responsible for planning procedural support and preparation in an outpatient and inpatient setting, implementing activities in our activity/playroom, bedside interactions, assisting with in-service presentations to new nursing/medical staff, and presenting our Pediatric Preparation Program.
- Currently enrolled in senior year or have completed a bachelor’s degree program or currently enrolled in or have completed a master’s program in Child Life, Child Development, Psychology, Expressive Therapies, Education or Human Services.
- Have completed at least ten courses in the areas of study listed above.
- Have completed or will complete 100+ hours of volunteer work in a healthcare setting, preferably with pediatric populations by the start of the internship.
- Available 40 hours a week for 15 weeks.
- Intend to take the child life certification exam to obtain Certified Child Life Specialist credentials (CCLS) and pursue work as a Certified Child Life Specialist.
A personal interview is required for admittance to the program. If you are interested in arranging an interview, please complete the common child life internship application and send to:
Child Life Coordinator
2650 Ridge Ave.
Walgreen Building, Ste. 1505
Evanston, IL 60201
Please also submit your CLC Coursework Review, at least two letters of recommendation (preferably one from someone who has directly observed you working with children), transcripts (unofficial is fine) and proof of 100 volunteer hours in a healthcare setting.
Please direct any questions to Beth Lucas by calling our Child Life Office at 847.570.2831 or emailing email@example.com.