If you have been prescribed CPAP treatment for a sleep-disordered breathing condition, NorthShore University HealthSystem Sleep Centers provides a CPAP clinic to increase your comfort.
Purpose of CPAP Clinic
To increase compliance and comfort of NorthShore University HealthSystem sleep patients with their prescribed CPAP therapy.
Education regarding the proper use of CPAP equipment.
Work in conjunction with the equipment provider (DME) to insure equipment is functioning properly.
Provide a multi-disciplinary service to patients that involves the entire treatment team (physician(s), nurse, technologist and CPAP equipment provider).
CPAP Clinic services include
- Proven techniques to increasing patient comfort level with CPAP in a controlled environment
- Equipment maintenance instruction
- Determining proper mask fit
- Calibrate/verify machine calibration and/or pressure
- Education, i.e. sleep hygiene, sleep disordered breathing, complex sleep apnea, etc
- Ongoing support to patients and their families
For information or to schedule an appointment with a sleep specialist call 847.663.8200.