Any person viewing the eclipse – even though it is a partial eclipse – must never look into the sun without the proper eclipse glasses. Dr. Mehta shares his tips for viewing the partial eclipse:
- Always wear the eclipse glasses during the event to avoid any eye damage.
- Follow NASA’s guidelines on checking the safety and authenticity of the eclipse glasses.
- Sunglasses should not be used en lieu of eclipse glasses.
- During the eclipse, do not look at the sun through a camera, telescope, binoculars or any other optical device.
- Do not use homemade filters.
If you do not have eclipse glasses for the event, you can still enjoy the beauty by watching the shadows on the ground and observing the shadows of your surroundings.