There is no cure for perinatal depression, but there are different care-plans tailored for each woman. Perinatal depression treatment options include antidepressant medications, psychotherapy and hormone treatment.
- Feeling sad or anxious for more than a few weeks
- Unable to fall asleep or sleeping too much
- Loss of interest in activities
- Unexplained crying
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Changes in appetite
- Easily agitated
- Lack of energy, fatigued
- Feelings of guilt or worthlessness
- Inability to make decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
If you are experiencing any of the symptoms, call our confidential hotline that is available 24 hours a day to patients and their families for information and support. The NorthShore Perinatal Depression Program hotline's number is 866.364.MOMS (866.364.6667).