Oh, Baby! Tips for a Healthy Pregnancy
Moms-to-be should take important steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby.
Follow these guidelines:
- If you are diabetic or have high blood pressure, get those conditions under control before conceiving.
- Start a multivitamin well in advance of a planned pregnancy.
- Maintain good nutrition.
- Avoid excessive weight gain.
- As recommended by your care team, exercise regularly throughout your pregnancy.
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Reduce stress and get plenty of rest.