Health and fitness applications curated by the physician experts of NorthShore*
What's Going Around
What's Going Around is a daily graphical representation—similar to a weather radar—of particular illnesses trending across Chicago’s northern suburbs.
MyFitnessPal Calorie Counter has a very large and accurate food database to help you track your calorie intake and lose weight.
LoseIt helps you track your progress toward a weight loss goal by helping you track your calorie intake.
by American Red Cross
This official app from the American Red Cross gives you advice on how to handle everyday emergencies.
Map My Fitness
by Under Armour
MapMyFitness helps you track your activity levels using your smartphone.
by Nighp Software LLC
BabyTracker allows parents to keep track of everything they do to care for a newborn baby: diaper changes, breastfeeding, sleep, and more.
Clue - Period Tracker
by BioWink GmbH
Clue helps you track your periods (menstrual cycle) and any symptoms that might accompany it.
by Mango Health
Mango Health helps you learn about and manage your medications, creating a routine out of taking them.
by Headspace Meditation Limited
Headspace has a large library of guided meditation sessions, each about ten minutes in length. It is intended to help create a daily habit of meditation and stress-reduction. The first ten sessions are free, but you have to pay additional fees for sessions beyond that.
Calm - Meditate
Calm has tools to help you learn to meditate, relax, and sleep better.
Livestrong MyQuit Coach
by Demand Media, Inc.
LiveStrong MyQuit Coach is a personalized plan to help you quit smoking. It is presently not available for Android phones.
GoodRx – Save On Prescriptions!
GoodRx helps you compare the prices of prescription drugs at different pharmacies when your drugs are not covered by insurance or when you have a large amount you must pay yourself.
What types of apps would you like to see?
*Please keep in mind that:
- While apps can support a healthy lifestyle, they should not be used in place of professional care from a healthcare provider.
- When clicking on an iOS or Android button, you are leaving NorthShore’s website and entering the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.
- While individual apps may collect data about your usage, NorthShore does not have access to this data or your activity on these apps.
- We recommend these apps for use by adults over 18 years old.
- NorthShore does not provide support for these apps. Please contact the app developer or access support resources through the iTunes App Store or Google Play Store.