Alcohol Abuse and Addiction | Bereavement | Chronic Illness | Parenting | Weight Management
NorthShore University HealthSystem hosts various support groups for individuals coping with chronic illness or loss, for parents and for caregivers. Most meet monthly. For specific meeting dates and times or for more information, visit our Calendar of Events.
Alcohol Abuse and Addiction
All grief support programs are sponsored by NorthShore Hospice and held at their office—4901 Searle Parkway, Skokie, IL 60076. The building is handicap accessible and convenient parking is available. For specific dates or to pre-register, please call Bereavement Services Coordinator Thom Dennis at 847.982.4364.
Pre-registration is required for all groups. There is no charge to participate.
- Legacy is a support group that meets on the first Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. for adults who have experienced the death of a parent within the past year.
- Soul Mates is a support group that meets on the second Tuesday of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m. for people who have experienced the death of a spouse or life partner within the past year.
- We also host social gatherings for anyone who has experienced a loss in the past year and educational programs related to grief and loss on the third and fourth Tuesdays of the month from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- Evanston Hospital's Perinatal Family Support Center: 847.570.2880
- Post-partum Depression Hotline: 866.364.MOMS