Charles D. Sturgis, MD
Department of Pathology
Director of Cytopathology
- Medical School: Doctor of Medicine, The University of Kansas, 88-92
- Residency: Anatomic and Clinical Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 92-97
- Fellowship: Cytopathology, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, 97-98
- Translational projects in cytopathology and surgical pathology
- American Society for Clinical Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- Illinois Society of Cytopathology
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Argiris, A., Hensing, T., Yeldandi, A., Patel, S., Adekunle R., Sturgis, C., Masters, G., Gooding, W.,Pins, M., Kolesar, J. Combined Analysis of Molecular and Clinical Predictors of Gefitinib Activity in Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer: Epidermal Growth Factor Receptor Mutations Do Not Tell the Whole Story. Journal of Thoracic Oncology, Vol 1, 2006, pp 52-60.
- Bristol-Gould, S.K., Hutten, C.G., Sturgis, C.D., Kilen, S.M., Mayo, K.E., Woodruff, T.K. The Development of a Mouse Model of Ovarian Endosalpingiosis. Endocrinology, Vol 146, 2005, pp 5228-5236.
- Jovanovic, I., Dieterich, M., Doyle, M.A., Gatbunton, C., Bourtsos, E.P., Sturgis, C.D. P16INK4a Immunocytochemistry as a Triage Test for Liquid-Based Cervicovaginal Cytology Samples Diagnosed as High-Grade Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. Pathology Case Reviews, Vol 10, 2005, pp 144-149.
- Schiller, C.L., Nickolov A.G., Kaul K.L., Hahn, E.A., Hy, J.M., Escobar, M.T., Kaul, K.L., Watkin, W.G., Sturgis, C.D., High Risk Human Papillomavirus Detection: A Split Sample Comparison of Hybrid Capture and Chromogenic In Situ Hybridization. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol 121, 2004, pp 537-545.
- Jeruss, J.S., Sturgis, C.D., Rademaker, A.W., Woodruff, T.K. Down-Regulation of Activin, Activin Receptors, and Smads in High-Grade Breast Cancer. Cancer Research, Vol 63, 2003, pp 3783-3790.
- Han, H., Landreneau, R.J., Santucci, T.S., Tung, M.Y., Macherey, R.S., Shackney, S.E., Sturgis, C.D., Raab, S.S., Silverman, J.F. Prognostic Value of Immunohistochemical Expression of p53, HER-2/neu, and bcl-2 in Stage I Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Human Pathology, Vol 33, 2002, pp. 105-110.
- Sturgis, C.D., Nassar, D.L., D'Antonio, J.A., and Raab, S.S. Cytologic Features Useful for Distinguishing Small Cell From Non-Small Cell Carcinoma in Bronchial Brush and Wash Specimens. American Journal of Clinical Pathology, Vol 114, 2000, pp. 197-202.
- Sturgis, C.D., Caraway, N.P., Johnston, D.A., Sherman, S.I., Kidd, L., and Katz, R.L. Image Analysis Of Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma Fine Needle Aspirates: Significant Association Between Aneuploidy and Death from Disease. Cancer Cytopathology, Vol. 87, 1999, pp. 155-160.