Department of Medicine
Division of Hematology/Oncology
- Undergraduate BS, Life Sciences, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
- Medical School: MD, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH
- Internship: Internal Medicine, Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: Hematology/Oncology, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
Honors and Awards
- 1990 American Cancer Society Oncology Fellowship Award
- (1991-Present) American College of Physicians
- (1992-Present) Cancer and Leukemia Group B
- (1994-Present) American Society of Clinical Oncology
- (1993-Present) American Society of Hematology
- (1999-Present) Assistant Editor- Leukemia and Lymphoma
- (1996-Present) Ad hoc Reviewer- Annals in Oncology
- (1998) Response Evaluation Criteria in Solid Tumor Participant, Brussels.
- (1998-1999) NCI Common Data Element Committee in Lung Cancer
- (1998) NCI Adverse Events Expedited Reporting System
- (2000-2002) Common Data Element Committee in Leukemia
Grinblatt DL and Schilsky RL: Drug development in colorectal cancer: viewpoint of the United States cooperative groups. In Bleiberg H, Kemeny N, Rougier Ph and Wilke H-J, eds., Colorectal Cancer; A clinical guide to therapy, pp. 615-622, 2001.
Peer Review Service:
Hoppel CL, Grinblatt DL, Kwok M, et al: Inhibition of mitochondrial respiration by analogues of 4-phenylpyridine and MPP+, the neurotoxic metabolite of MPTP. Biochemical and Biophysics Research Communications 148:684-693, 1987
Grinblatt DL and Benson AB: Pancreatic carcinoma response to 5-FU, leucovorin. American Journal of Medicine 92:107-109, 1992
Kies MS, Grinblatt DL, Runge-Morris M, Blough R, Watkins A, Taylor S: Phase II study of intravenous melphalan in the treatment of patients with advanced squamous carcinoma of the head and neck. Investigational New Drugs 12(1):45-47, 1994
Lazarus HM, Winton EF, Williams SF, Grinblatt DL, et al: A phase I multicenter trial of interleukin-6 therapy after autologous bone marrow transplantation in advanced breast cancer. Bone Marrow Transplantation 15:935-942, 1995
Laport GF, Grad G, Grinblatt DL, Bitran JD, Williams SF: High-dose chemotherapy consolidation with autologous stem cell rescue in metastatic breast cancer: a 10 year experience. Bone Marrow Transplantation 21: 127-132, 1998.
Zimmerman TM, Grinblatt DL, Malloy R, Williams SF: A phase I dose escalation trial of continuous infusion paclitaxel to augment high dose cyclophosphamide and thiotepa plus stem cell rescue for the treatment of patients with advanced breast carcinoma. Cancer 83(8):1540-45, 1998.
Zimmerman TM, Michelson GC, Mick R, Grinblatt DL, Williams SF: Timing of platelet recovery is associated with adequacy of leukapheresis product yield after cyclophosphamide and G-CSF in patients with lymphoma. Journal of Clinical Apheresis 14(1): 31-4, 1999.
Laport GF, Valone FH, Zimmerman T, Grinblatt DL, et al: Transplantation with low-density autologouos peripheral blood stem cells prepared with BDS60 for women with stage II, iII, and IV breast cancer. Cytotherapy 2: 179-186, 2000.
Laport GF, Fleming G, Waggoner S, TM Zimmerman, DL Grinblatt and SF Williams: A phase II trial of docetaxel for peripheral blood stem cell mobilization for patients with breast cancer and ovarian cancer. Bone Marrow Transplantation 27:677-681, 2001.
Smith SM, Grinblatt D, Van Besien K: Autologous and allogeneic transplant for aggressive NHL. Cytotherapy 4: 223-240, 2002.