Westby G. Fisher, MD
Department of Medicine
Director, Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Undergraduate: BS, Biomedical Engineering, Duke University
- Medical School: MD, Medicine, Loyola University Stritch School of Medicine
- Residency: Internal Medicine, National Naval Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cardiology, National Naval Medical Center
- Fellowship: Cardiac Electrophysiology, University of California at San Francisco
Catheter Ablation Techniques of Atrial Fibrillation, Cardiac Mapping, Pacemaker and Defibrillator Technologies, Device-based Therapies for Congestive Heart Failure and Chronic Disease Management, Computers in Cardiology, Therapeutic Catheter Development
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- NASPE (N American Society of Pacing and Electrophysiology) Young Investigator Awardee
- International Society for Computerized Electrocardiology Young Investigator Awardee
- American College of Cardiology, American Heart Association
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Fisher WG and Swartz JF. Three-dimensional Electrogram Mapping Improves Ablation of Left-sided Accessory Pathways, PACE 1992; 15(12); 2344-2356.
- Fisher WG, Bacon ME, Swartz JF. Use of an Orthogonal Electrode Array to Identify the Successful Ablation Site in Right Ventricular Outflow Tract Tachycardia, PACE 1997 20(9 Pt 1): 2188-2192.
- Fisher WG, Pelini MA, Bacon ME. Adjunctive Intracardiac Echocardiography to Guide Slow Pathway Ablation in Human Atrioventricular Nadal Reentrant Tachycardia: Anatomic Insights, Circulation 1997; 96: 3021-3029.
Abraham WT, Fisher WG, Smith AL, et al. Cardiac Resynchronization in Chronic Heart Failure, New Engl J Med 2002; 346(24): 1845-1853.