The After School Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is a program for adolescents (12-18 years of age) who are challenged with mental health issues. It is a 4 to 6 week intensive program for the achievement of adaptive/positive behavior change at home, school and in the community.
The Adolescent After School IOP Offers
- An intermediate level of care for the adolescent who requires more intensive services than the traditional outpatient setting but does not require the intensity of a full day program
- Group-oriented sessions that focus on teaching and reinforcing an evidenced-based skill set
- A multi-disciplinary team approach to relieve symptoms and improve positive coping and communication skills
- Focus on family as a unit to engage parents and aid in their understanding of their child’s diagnosis
- Coordination with adolescent’s outpatient providers, including school clinicians
- Aftercare referrals and recommendations (as needed)
NorthShore Deerfield Behavioral Health Center
49 S. Waukegan Road, Suite 200
Mondays: 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 3:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
*Family and support group from 5:15 p.m. - 6:15 p.m.
Thursdays: 3:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Individuals will be admitted to the program based on an intake assessment, including dialogue with both the patient and a parent or legal guardian.
For More Information
For more information, please call 847.400.8430.