With a dedication to breast cancer prevention, our team places a major emphasis on early detection. NorthShore’s Center for Breast Health performs more than 80,000 mammograms annually at our screening facilities located across the Chicago area, including downtown Chicago, in Nordstom at Old Orchard shopping mall and our Center for Breast Health at each of our hospitals. Same-day screening mammogram appointments are often available, as well as fast-track scheduling for diagnostic procedures and appointments with breast surgeons. As a pre-eminent imaging center in the Chicago region, and an industry leader in breast cancer prevention, NorthShore also offers:
- State-of-the-art breast imaging technology, including digital mammography, ultrasound and MRI
- All images interpreted by dedicated radiologists, which research shows improves the rate of cancer detection
Breast Cancer Prevention Expertise & Results
- NorthShore is the first Center in the Chicago region to be accredited by the American College of Surgeon’s National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers.
- NorthShore brings together leaders from all major medical disciplines dedicated to early detection, breast-conserving therapy, effective treatments, clinical trials and research, wellness and counseling.
- Our Center serves more than 600 patients with breast cancer annually, making it the largest program of its kind in Illinois and the state’s largest academic, multidisciplinary breast cancer practice.
- 88 percent of NorthShore’s breast cancer cases were diagnosed at an early stage (stage 0, 1 and 2), ahead of the national trend (81 percent) toward early detection.
- Our Center reports that patients have a 71 percent breast conservation rate.