Day of Your Procedure
On the day of your laser vision correction procedure, we want to assure that you have a pleasant experience. Patients arrive at the office 45 minutes prior to their scheduled procedure time. This allows them enough time to check in, take their Valium and go over all of their postoperative instructions before their procedure. We recommend the following:
- Wear comfortable clothing, the laser room is cold due to low humidity.
- Be sure and have something light to eat for breakfast or lunch before arriving for your procedure.
- Do not wear any eye or face makeup, including face powder. Make sure all eye makeup, especially mascara, has been completely removed.
- Please do not wear any perfume, hairspray, cologne, after shave or fragrant deodorants on the day of your procedure.
- Bring a friend or family member with you to drive you home after your laser procedure. You will be given Valium and your vision will be blurry so you should not drive yourself.
- Do not discontinue or skip taking any medication that you normally take unless otherwise directed by the surgeon.
The average time in the laser room for your procedure is approximately 20 - 25 minutes. Actual laser time is usually less than 45 seconds per eye. The total time you will be at the Eye and Vision Center is approximately 1 to 1 ½ hours. If you have a friend or family member with you that would like to watch your procedure we have a comfortable viewing room for them.