Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Director of Research
- AB, Biochemistry, Dartmouth
- MPH, Virginia Commonwealth University
- Medical School: MD, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Vermont
- Fellowship: Maternal-Fetal Medicine, University of Texas HSC, San Antonio
Outcomes research; infectious disease in pregnancy
Honors and Awards
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Humana/SPO Award for Excellence in Clinical Research, 1992
- Citation in Best Doctors in the America
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Board Examiner, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, Society for Maternal-Fetal Medicine
- Member, Infectious Disease Society for Obstetrics-Gynecology
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
Jackson SL, O’Connell NG, Borzelleca JF, Dinsmoor MJ, Soper DE. Cervicitis as a clinical indicator of gonococcal and chlamydial infections in pregnancy. Infectious Diseases in Obstetrics and Gynecology 3:184-188, 1996.
Schuchat A, Zywicki SS, Dinsmoor MJ, Mercer B, Romaguera J, O’Sullivan MJ, Patel D, Peters MT, Stoll B, Levine OS, and the Prevention of Early-onset Neonatal Sepsis (ENS) Study Group. Risk factors and opportunities for prevention of early-onset neonatal sepsis: A multicenter case-control study. Pediatrics 105:21-6, 2000.
Diaz LM, Lin P, Dinsmoor MJ. Preventable risk factors for the delivery of very low birthweight infants in Richmond, Virginia. Primary Care Update for OB/GYNs 8:1-4, 2001.
Dinsmoor MJ and Seeds JW. Fetal urethral obstruction with spontaneous rupture of the bladder and creation of gastroschisis. Journal of Ultrasound in Medicine. 21:577-9, 2002.
Dinsmoor MJ and Forrest ST. The use of protease inhibitors in pregnancy does not increase the likelihood of an abnormal glucola test result. Infectious Diseases in Ob/Gyn 2002;10:187-91.
Dinsmoor MJ. Prophylactic antibiotics in labor and delivery. ACOG Practice Bulletin #47. Obstet Gynecol 2003;102:875-82.
Dinsmoor MJ, Bachman R, Haney EI, Goldstein M, MacKendrick W. Outcomes Following Expectant Management of Extremely Preterm Premature Rupture of the Membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2004:190:183-7.
Dinsmoor MJ and Brock EL. Predicting failed trial of labor after cesarean delivery. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:282-8.
Dinsmoor, MJ. Group B Streptococcus: A culture-based prevention strategy. The Female Patient. 2004;29:24-30.
Dinsmoor, MJ. Should pregnant patients be worried about West Nile virus? Contemp Obstet Gynecol; 2004;49:66-75.
Dinsmoor, MJ. Infectious diarrhea. Contemp Obstet Gynecol; in press.
Dinsmoor MJ and Gilstrap JE. "Infection Control." In: Operative Obstetrics, 2nd edition. Gilstrap et al, editors. New York: The McGraw-Hill Companies, 2002.
Dinsmoor, MJ. Maternal Disease: Group B Streptococcus. In Management of High Risk Pregnancy, 5th edition. Queenan, JT. In press.