Our Voice Center represents a state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary collaboration between laryngology (a subspecialty of ear, nose, and throat medicine devoted to voice, airway, and swallowing) and speech pathologists who specialize in treatment of voice disorders. Fellowship trainged laryngologist and laryngeal surgeon Aaron D. Friedman, MD, provides medical and surgical treatment for laryngeal problems in concert with our team of voice pathologists who provide vocal behavioral and rehabilitative therapy.
From casual voice users to high-level professional singers and actors to those with vocally demanding professions, such as teachers, attorneys, salespeople, members of the clergy and physicians, we specialize in treating patients with all forms of voice disorders and difficulties and a wide range of laryngeal conditions. Our goal is to deliver the most advanced, professional medical care to those with voice disorders in the greater Chicago area and beyond.
Our expertise results not only from specialized training and experience in vocal disorders of the larynx (voice box) but also from sophisticated diagnostic and treatment equipment that is unique to the field of laryngology. Symptoms of a problem involving the larynx can include:
- Vocal problems:
- A raspy, rough or hoarse sounding voice
- Abnormally high or low pitched voice
- Vocal fatigue or decreased vocal volume
- Reduction in singing capabilities
- Strained or tremulous voice
- Any change in voice, especially if it is noticed by others
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
- Throat pain (sometimes combined with ear pain):
- When at rest
- With swallowing, coughing or sneezing
- With speaking and/or singing
For More Information
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 847.504.3300.