How We Can Help
The Myra Rubenstein Weis Health Resource Center provides educational materials and health resource tools to help you stay well informed of medical care options and be proactive in maintaining good health. To help you make informed decisions regarding your health and the health of your family and friends, the Resource Center can:
- Provide information regarding tests, treatments, procedures, diagnoses and medications.
- Conduct information searches on the topic of your choice while you wait, or we can deliver the information to your home or hospital room.
- Help you locate the most recent information from reliable internet sources.
- Provide customized health information packets in easy-to-understand terminology or more clinical information for in-depth research.
- Provide books, DVDs, videos and audio cassettes that can be checked-out for convenient home use.
Be Proactive With Your Health
Blood Pressure and Glucose screenings are available on the first and third Fridays of each month in the Resource Center. The screenings are open from 8:30 - 10:30 a.m., do not require an appointment and are free of charge.
The Resource Center advocates being proactive in all aspects of your health, including during your stay in our hospitals. We encourage you to take charge of your health EMPOWER Yourself!
In-Room Patient Education Programs
The Resource Center sponsors the Patient Education Channels to inpatient rooms at Evanston, Glenbrook, Highland Park and Skokie Hospitals. This programming is made possible thanks to the generous supporters of the Myra Rubenstein Weis Health Resource Center Benefit Luncheon.