Women's Heart Support Group
When: The group meets on the second Tuesday of the month, 6:30-8 p.m.
Where: Glenbrook Hospital, Conference Room A
Mission: To educate women about heart disease and its treatment.
- Teach women to understand heart disease more fully
- Discuss how the disease has changed them and their families
- Become informed about their choices of available treatments
- Provide a safe place to exchange information and feelings of vulnerability
- Reduce feelings of loneliness, isolation and shame that some women patients experience
- Reinforce the motivation to make changes for a healthier lifestyle
- Serve as an educational forum about heart disease and its treatment
Contact: Debbie Dunn - 847.987.8074