Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Director, Division of Gynecological Pain and Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Undergraduate: BA, Psychology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN.
- Medical School: MD, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL.
- Residency: OB/GYN, Prentice Women’s Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL.
- Fellowship: Advanced Gynecologic Surgery, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC.
Dr. Tu's current research focus is in the field of female pelvic pain disorders, where he is funded by an NIH/NICHD K23 grant to study pelvic floor musculoskeletal dysfunction in visceral pain disorders such as endometriosis and painful bladder syndrome/interstitial cystitis. He is also a co-investigator on an NIH/NIDDK multisite grant, Multidisciplinary Approach to Pelvic Pain. Other sources of funded have included NorthShore University HealthSystem, the Berlex Foundation, and the Alumnae of Northwestern University.
Besides publishing papers and book chapters, and conducting research on female pelvic pain conditions, he has conducted numerous workshops on these disorders at national and international scientific meetings.
Besides publishing papers and conducting research on female pelvic pain conditions, he has also given national and international presentations on these disorders.
Honors and Awards
- (1992) Phi Beta Kappa
- (1997) Alpha Omega Alpha
- (2005) The Berlex Scholar Award, The Berlex Foundation
- (2007) America’s Top Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- (2008) Who’s Who in America
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- American College of Surgeons
- Fellow, American Board of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- International Association for the Study of Pain
- American Pain Society
- American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- International Pelvic Pain Society