Department of Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology
Clinical Director, Center for Crohn’s and Colitis
- Undergraduate: BA, Economics, BA, Chemistry, Northwestern University
- Medical School: MD/MBA, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency: Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, Barnes-Jewish Hospital
- Fellowship: Division of Gastroenterology, University of California, San Francisco, CA
Dr. Yen is currently conducting research in Microscopic Colitis, Crohn’s Disease and Ulcerative Colitis.
- Member, American Gastroenterology Association
Member, American College of Gastroenterology
Member, Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America
Member, American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Quarterly IBD clinical series- Course developer and director
Director of GI education (residents and students), NorthShore University HealthSystem
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Yen EF, Pokhrel B, Bianchi LK, Roy HK, Hall CR, Witt B. Post-menopausal malignant conditions in women with microscopic colitis. Digestive Disease Week. American Gastroenterology Association Meeting 2010 (S1176).
- Yen EF, Hall CR, Witt B. Yield of sigmoid and rectal biopsies in the detection of microscopic colitis. Digestive Disease Week. American Gastroenterology Association Meeting 2010 (W1040).
- Pokhrel B, Witt B, Bianchi LK, Du H, Hall CR, Yen EF. Microscopic Colitis and Association with Cigarette Smoking and Alcohol Intake (American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2009, Presidential Poster Award Recipient, San Diego, CA).
- Singh A, Mahadevan U. Yen EF, Terdiman J.. Adalimumab for Patients with Ulcerative Colitis Who Have Lost Response or Are Intolerant of Infliximab: Initial Response Rates are High, but the Response May Not Be Durable (American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2009, San Diego, CA).
- Roy HK, Bianchi LK, Jameel M, Shah M, Goldberg MJ, Yen EF, Wali R, Weber, C. The Colon Adenoma-Carcinoma Paradox in Women: Role of Transforming Growth Factor (TGF)β Signaling (American College of Gastroenterology Annual Scientific Meeting 2009, ACG/Radhika Srinivasan Gender-Based Research Award, San Diego, CA).
- Yen EF, Pokhrel B, Bianchi LK, Roy HK, Hall CR, Witt B. Concomitant Adenoma Rates in Patients with Microscopic Colitis. Gastroenterology 2009; 136: A20.
- Roy HK, Gomes A, Ruderman S, Goldberg MJ, Bianchi LK, Yen EF, Rogers JD, Jameel M, Bogojevic AN, Stoyneva V, Chang J, Backman V. Spectroscopic Assessment of Microvascular Blood Content to Improve Flexible Sigmoidoscopy: Gender-Related Implications Gastroenterology 2009; 136:A623.
- Yen EF, Thomson RB, Appert K, Ilag KM, Peterson LR, Robicsek A. False-Positive Findings of a Clostridium Difficile Enzyme Immunoassay On Aspirates Obtained During Colonoscopy. Gastrointestinal Endoscopy 2009; 69 (5): AB207-AB208.
- Yen EF, Bianchi LK, Goldberg MJ, Elton E, Roy HK. Adenoma Detection Rate, Pay-for-Performance, and Colonoscopy: Are Female Gastroenterologists at a Disadvantage? American College of Gastroenterology National Meeting. Orlando, FL (October 2008)
- Chang J, Roy HK, Yen EF, et al. Polyethylene glycol bowel preparation is associated with hypokalemia. American College of Gastroenterology National Meeting. Orlando, FL (October 2008)
- Bianchi LK, Yen EF, Goldberg MJ, Elton E, Roy HK. High-Definition Endoscopy Improves Adenoma Detection. AGA Digestive Disease Week, San Diego, CA (May 2008)
- Yen EF, Mahadevan U. Adalimumab therapy for patients with ulcerative colitis who have lost response or are intolerant of infliximab. American College of Gastroenterology National Meeting. Philadelphia, PA (October 2007)
- Long CJ, Biggins S, Goldstein RB, Yen EF, Bagatelos K, Feng S, Ostroff JW. Evaluation of transabdominal ultrasonography for biliary complications after liver transplantation in recipients with choledochocholedochostomy without T-tube. AGA Digestive Disease Week, Los Angeles, CA (May 2006)