NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore), the principal academic affiliate of the University Of Chicago Pritzker School Of Medicine, seeks a Medical Director for Care Management and Documentation Integrity in order develop, implement and oversee hospital bed and related resource utilization, patient throughput, and documentation at NorthShore University Health System.
Specific duties for the Medical Director of Care Management and Documentation Integrity:
- Oversee and work with other physicians who are assigned to this role to ensure there is consistency across the team of Physician Advisors.
- In conjunction with Directors of Case Management and Social Work, set direction and priorities for nurses, physicians, and social workers to improve throughput of patients across all areas of the hospital including the transition between levels of care intensity.
- Update capacity and utilization management issues and concerns on a regular basis to MEC, and other operational committees.
- Communicate to the organization on a quarterly basis key metrics related to utilization and capacity management.
- Recommend additional training and expertise needed for the team on an on-going basis.
- Lead and participate in appropriate committees and teams to improve utilization and care transitions related to utilization.
- Advise medical staff and organizational leadership on appropriate policy/standard of care changes needed to achieve optimal throughput and appropriate utilization of resources.
- Assume other responsibilities and duties as deemed necessary by the CQTO.
NorthShore University HealthSystem (NorthShore) is a four-hospital, fully integrated health system that offers leading clinical care and is supported by the nation’s top ranked electronic health record system. Become a member of a 900+ physician, multispecialty group practice that includes more than 100 plus office locations with over 2,400 affiliated physicians. NorthShore is a comprehensive, fully integrated, healthcare delivery system that includes four hospitals – Evanston Hospital, Glenbrook Hospital, Highland Park Hospital and Skokie Hospital.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a highly collegial work atmosphere, and an opportunity to work with a world-class interdisciplinary team of medical professionals.