Working together. Working for you.
Thanks to an ongoing relationship between NorthShore University HeathSystem and the Mayo Clinic, expert physicians from these two leading health systems are working together to meet your health needs. Physicians at NorthShore have a high level of expertise, but even experts benefit from collaboration with other experts.
Consistent with NorthShore's commitment to bring excellence to our patients, we formed this relationship with Mayo Clinic to improve the delivery of health care close to home. NorthShore physicians have direct access to Mayo Clinic physicians to collaborate on the best treatment plan for your clinical condition. This means most patients can benefit from enhanced care locally, and need travel outside the region only when necessary.
What the relationship means to you.
- More medical answers close to home: Not only do you have access to NorthShore physician experts, but should you and your NorthShore doctor decide your care would be enhanced by additional clinical expertise or if you need a second opinion, NorthShore and Mayo Clinic physician experts collaborate on diagnosis and treatment options for you quickly and without the need to travel to Mayo.
- Facilitated Access to Mayo Clinic for appointments if needed. NorthShore and Mayo Clinic’s close working relationship ensures a seamless and organized visit to Mayo with NorthShore doctors collaborating with their Mayo Clinic peers on behalf of their patients during and after the visit.
- Coordinated Post Treatment Care between Mayo Clinic and NorthShore. For those patients who have travelled to Mayo independently, NorthShore can provide coordinated and ongoing treatment, close to patients’ homes.
- Peace of Mind: Our collaboration providesthe comfort that comes from knowing that two expert physician teams are doing everything possible to provide you with the best care and outcomes.
Other benefits of the relationship include:
- Local community forums on the latest heart, cancer and neurological treatments, featuring NorthShore and Mayo experts.
- Research collaboration between NorthShore and Mayo physicians, to ensure patients receive the most advanced treatment options available.
For More Information
Please call 888.200.4530 for more information or complete a brief online form and a NorthShore representative will contact you.