Keeping tabs on the safety of your home often falls by the wayside with all the other tasks and chores in our daily lives. However,
failure to take the proper safety precautions can lead to injury, illness and sometimes even death.
While it’s easy to ensure that common household items are out of way and properly stored, used and discarded, there are some risks that you can't see at all. Carbon monoxide poisoning is very dangerous and because the gas is odorless and colorless, it's
hard to detect without proper monitoring.
Jerrold Leikin, MD,
Medical Toxicologist, shares the following tips for reducing your carbon monoxide poisoning risks:
Do you have a carbon monoxide detector in your home? How frequently do you check it?