NorthShore University HealthSystem shares responsibility for retirement planning by providing employees competitive and valuable benefits that meet the diverse and changing needs of our workforce.
NorthShore University HealthSystem Tax-Deferred Annuity Plan (TDA Plan)
All NorthShore employees are eligible to participate in this retirement savings plan upon hire.
- Contribute up to 45 percent of annual income on a pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax basis (up to IRS limits).
- If eligible, receive an annual discretionary Employer Matching Contribution (between 0%-50%) on up to 6% of your eligible earnings.
- If you are an eligible employee, you will also receive 3% Base Employer Contributions each payroll period, regardless of whether you make Pre-Tax and/or Roth After-Tax Contributions to the TDA Plan.
Section 529 College Savings Plan
All NorthShore employees are eligible to participate in this plan upon hire.
- Contribute up to $15,000 ($30,000 for married couples) per year per beneficiary without incurring gift taxes.
- Illinois residents can deduct contributions from Illinois state taxable income up to $10,000 per year ($20,000 if married and filing jointly).
- Savings can be used to pay for tuition, fees, room and board, books and other required supplies at any accredited college or university.