Ying Wu, MD
Evanston Hospital, Center for Advanced Imaging
2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201
- Medical School: MD, Kunming Medical School, Yunnan, China
- Internship: Kunming Medical School, Yunnan, China
- Residency:Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical School, China
My research investigates potential noninvasive bio-imaging markers in several neuronal degenerative disorders including multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and HIV dementia.
- Volumetric and morphometric brain MRI.
- Quantitative brain functional measurements using magnetization transfer imaging, diffusion tensor imaging and fMRI.
- Neuroanatomy and cognitive function.
- 3D visualization and reconstruction.
- Medical imaging informatics.
My research is currently being funded by the National Institutes of Heath (subcontracted researcher) and the Institute for Aging.
Academic and Administrative Appointments
- (1996-1999) Instructor, Kunming Medical School, Yunnan, China
- (1996-1999) Attending Radiologist, First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical School, Yunnan, China
- (1999-2003) Post-Doctoral Fellow, Medical Imaging, Post Processing, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- (2003-present) Research Associate, Center for Advanced Imaging, NorthShore University HealthSystem, Evanston, IL
- (2006-present) Affiliate Staff, NorthShore University HealthSystem, Evanston, IL
Honors and Awards
- Annual award for clinical research, Kunming Medical School, 1997
- Annual award for clinical research, Kunming Medical School, 1998
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Ragin AB, Wu Y, Storey P, Cohen BA, Edelman RR, Epstein LG, Gartner S. Bone marrow diffusion measures correlate with dementia severity in HIV patients. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006 Mar; 27(3):589-92.
- Wu Y, Storey P, Cohen BA, Epstein LG, Edelman RR, Ragin AB. Diffusion alterations in corpus callosum of patients with HIV. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2006 Mar; 27(3):656-60.
- Ragin AB, Wu Y, Storey P, Cohen BA, Edelman RR, Epstein LG. Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 correlates with subcortical brain injury in HIV infection. Neurology. 2006 Apr 25; 66(8):1255-7.
- Wu Y, Warfield SS, Tan IL, Wells WM 3rd, Meier DS, van Schijndel RA, Barkhof F, Guttmann CR. Automated segmentation of multiple sclerosis lesion subtypes with multichannel MRI. Neuroimage. 2006 Sep; 32(3):1205-1215
- Wu Y, Storey P, Carrillo A, Saglamer C, Cohen B, Epstein LG, Edelman RR, Ragin AB. Whole Brain and Localized Magnetization Transfer Measurements are Associated with Cognitive Impairment in HIV- Infected Patients. AJNR 2008 Jan; 29(1):140-145.
- Li W, Scheidegger R, Wu Y, Vu A, Prasad P. Accuracy of T1 measurement with 3-D Look-Locker technique for dGEMRIC. J Magn Reson Imaging 2008, 27:678-682.
- Wisco J, Rosene D, Killiany R, Moss M, Warfield S, Egorova S, Wu Y, Liptak Z, Warner J and Guttmann C. A Rhesus Monkey Reference Label Atlas for Template Driven Segmentation (TDS). Journal of Medical Primatology, 2008 Oct; 37(5):250-60.
- Li W, Du H, Scheidegger R, Wu Y, Prasad PV. The value of pre-contrast T1 for dGEMRIC of native articular cartilage. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009 Jan 22; 29(2):494-497.