Department of Radiology
Evanston Hospital, Center for Advanced Imaging
2650 Ridge Ave., Evanston, IL 60201
- Medical School: Capital University of Medical Science (Beijing, China), M. D.
- Post Graduate: Capital University of Medical Science, (Beijing China)
- Residency: Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital University of Medical Science, Beijing, China
- Research Fellowship: In Radiology: 1. Medical School at Houston, University of Texas, Houston, TX; 2. Harvard Medical School / Beth Israel Hospital, Boston, MA
- Cardio-vascular MR imaging and bio-molecular MR imaging
- (1992–1998) Research Associate in Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- (1999–2000) Instructor in Radiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA
- (2000–2004) Research Assistant Professor in Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL
- (2004–2010) Research Associate Professor in Radiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Evanston, IL
- (2010–present) Research Associate (Associate Professor), The University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine (pending)
- Member, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
- Li W, Chavez D, Edelman RR, Prasad PV. Magnetic resonance urography by breath-hold contrast enhanced 3-D FISP. J Magn Reson Imaging 1997; 7:309-11.
- Li W, David V, Kaplan R, Edelman RR. Three-dimensional Low-dose gadolinium-enhanced peripheral magnetic resonance venography. J Magn Reson Imaging 1998; 8:630-633.
- Li W, Zhang M, Sher SI, Edelman RR. MR angiography of the vascular tree from aorta to foot: combining two-dimensional time-of-flight and three-dimensional contrast-enhanced imaging. J Magn Reson Imaging 2000; 12:884-889.
- Li W, Brophy DP, Chen Q, Edelman RR, Prasad PV. Semi-quantitative assessment of uterine perfusion using first pass dynamic contrast-enhanced MR imaging for patients treated with uterine fibroid embolization. J Magn Reson Imaging 2000; 12:1004-1008.
- Li W, Stern JS, Mai MV, Pierchala LN, Edelman RR, Prasad PV. MR assessment of left ventricular function: Quantitative comparison of fast imaging employing steady-state acquisition (FIESTA) with fast gradient echo technique. J Magn Reson Imaging 2002; 16:559-564.
- Li W, Storey P, Chen Q, Li, BSY, Prasad PV and Edelman RR. Dark flow artifacts in steady-state free precession cine technique: causes and implications for cardiac MR imaging. Radiology 2004; 230:569-575.
- Li W, Li, BS, Chen Q, Mai VM, Prasad PV and Edelman RR. Myocardium delayed enhancement imaging: using inversion recovery prepared single shot steady state free precession (SSFP) technique. J Magn Reson Imaging 2004; 20:327-330.
- Li W, Tutton S, Vu AT, Pierchala L, Li BSY, Lewis JM, Prasad, PV, Edelman, RR. First-pass contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography in humans using ferumoxytol, a novel USPIO-based blood pool agent. J Magn Reson Imaging 2005; 21:46-52.
- Li W, Vu AT, Tutton S, Li BSY, Bejm B, Pierchala L, Edelman RR. Scoutless stepping table peripheral contrast-enhanced MR angiography. J Magn Reson Imaging 2006; 23:235-241.
- Li W, Salanitri J, Tutton, S, et al. Ferumoxytol-enhanced MR evaluation of lower extremity deep venous thrombosis (DVT) using a dual contrast mechanism – preliminary experience. Radiology 2007; 242:873-881.
- Li W, Scheidegger R, Wu Y, Vu A, Prasad PV. Accuracy of T1 measurement with 3-D Look-Locker technique for dGEMRIC. J Magn Reson Imaging 2008; 27:678-682.
- Li W, Du H, Scheidegger R, Wu Y, Prasad PV. The value of pre-contrast T1 for dGEMRIC of native articular cartilage. J Magn Reson Imaging 2009; 29:494-497.
- Li W, Scheidegger R, Wu Y, Edelman RR, Farley M, Krishnan N, Burstein D, Prasad PV. Delayed contrast enhanced MRI of cartilage: comparison of non-ionic and ionic contrast agents. Magn Reson Med 2010; 64:1267-1273.
- Li W, Edelman RR, Prasad PV. Delayed contrast enhanced MRI of meniscus with ionic and non-ionic agents. J Magn Reson Imaging 2011; 33:731-735.
- Li W, Du H, Prasad PV. Would sub-regional analysis improve sensitivity in knee dGEMRIC? J Mol Imag Dynamic 2012; 2:105. doi:10.4172/2155-9937.1000105.
- Li W, Luzarus M, Koh J, Gliwa E, Prasad PV. Intra-articular dGEMRIC in patients scheduled for MR arthrography of the hip joint. J Arthritis Oct 2013; 2:110. doi:10.4172/2167-7921.1000110.
- Li T, Zhang Z, Li W. Common questions and answers on radiology. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 1979.
- Li T, Zhang Z, Li W. Clinical interpretation of x-ray films of the digestive system. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 1981.
- Li T, Li W, Ji J, Bai Y, Liang S. X-ray findings in pulmonary diseases and their pathologic basis. Beijing: People's Medical Publishing House, 1986.
- Edelman RR, Dunkle EE, Li W, Kissinger KV, Thangaraj K. Practical Considerations and Image Optimization In: Edelman RR, Hesselink JR, Zlatkin MB, editors. Clinical magnetic resonance imaging, 3rd edition, Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 2005, pp 58-10.
Peer Review Service:
- Reviewer, Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging