Michael H. Salinger, MD, FACC
Department of Medicine
Division of Cardiology
Director, Interventional Cardiology
Director, Coronary Care Unit
- Undergraduate: BS, Biological Sciences, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Medical School: MD, Loyola Stritch School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internship: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Department of Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL
- Cardiology, Northwestern University Medical School
- Critical Care Medicine, Northwestern University Medical School
- PTCA Clinical Associate, Interventional Cardiology and Coronary Angioplasty, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH
Honors and Awards
- Health Service Award, Lutheran General Hospital, 1972.
- Dean's List, Northwestern University, 1973-1976.
- Cook County Scholarship, 1974
- Medical Resident of the Year, Evanston Hospital, 1982.
- Top 100 Doctors, Chicago Magazine, 1994.
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Fellow, Society for Cardiac Angiography and Inverventions
- Member, International Society for Heart Transplantation
- Member, American Heart Association
Peer Review Service:
- Cardiac Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis (1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1997).
- The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation (1997).
- American Heart Association of Metro Chicago Fellowship Grants, TCT (Transcatheter Therapeutics) Abstract Review (2000-2001).