Michael J. Goldberg, MD
Department of Medicine
Division of Gastroenterology
- Undergraduate: BS, University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana
- Medical School: MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine
- Residency: Chief Resident, Internal Medicine, University of Illinois/West Side VA Hospital
- Fellowship: Gastroenterology, Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts
Honors and Awards
- Top 500 Doctors Chicago Magazine, 1997.
- Top Doctors In Midwest, 1996.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, Louis Weiss Memorial Hospital, 1989.
- Outstanding Teacher Award, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 1982, 1983.
- Directors Commendation, West Side Veteran's Administration Hospital, 1978.
- (1999) Astra Merck, First Year Fellows Conference, Foreign Bodies, PEG and Sedation, October.
- (1999) Pancreatic Stents for Recalcitrant Pancreaticocitaneous Fistula, International Society for Pancreaticohepatico Biliary Tract Disease, Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
- (1998) Moderator, Hepatic Disease Section at ACG Governors Course, Phoenix, AZ.
- (1994) Complications of ERCP, 2nd Niigata International Symposium of Gastroenterological Endoscopy, Niigata, Japan.
- (1994) Biliary Stents for Difficult CBD Stones, American Society of Contemporary Medicine and Surgery, Orlando, FL.
Publications in Peer-Review Journals:
Goldberg M, Nichols R. Gallium Scanning in Pyogenic Ostermyelitis of the Spine. Illinois Medical Journal, June 1975.
Goldberg M, Nichols R. Comparison of the Fecal Microflora of the Seventh-Day Adventists with Individuals Consuming a General Diet. Ann Of Surg, Vol. 186, No. 1, July 1977.
Kaplan, Goldberg, Neer, Wolfe, Goodman. Serum Vitamin D Metabolites in PBC Bone Disease. Gastroenterology, October 1981.